2004 TJ rear lower control arms for 2" ome lift with factory style bushings?

autism family travels

We are fixing up my friends awesome TJ extended length rig. His control arms are rough country with the crappy johnny joints. 2 are after wearing out already. He just wants stock style that are adjustable or made for the 2" of lift he has on his rig now. Any suggestions?

ThePartyWagon

Adjustable with oem rubber bushings sounds like what you want. Poly won’t give you a much quieter/less vibrations than the johnny joints.

I’ve been considering ditching my johnny joints for oem rubber as well. I wheel the Jeep hard one or two weekends a year, otherwise I’d prefer a softer ride quality bushing most of the time.

I have run the Currie control arms with the OME lift for the past 5 years no issues or squeaks on my '98 TJ. They are the best JJ design and don't make noise like that Rough Country garbage.

Or go back to stock OEM control arms and call it a day.

wADVr

Adventurer
MetalCloak Duroflex seem to be the best compromise out there. Adjustable arms, flex, soft ride and easily replaceable.
next choice would be TeraFlex adjustable arms with rubber bushings, it may be an option on their Alpine lineup.

ZenWookie

You can swap true JJs (made by Currie, not RC) into some of the RC arms. Which is what you want at each end if you're leaning toward a very proven, durable, serviceable, rebuildable joint. Might be a worthwhile budget option if the arms are adjustable. Otherwise Currie/Savvy, Rokmen, Clayton, amd Core 4x4 all offer very nice arms with with JJs. Beyond that you have Metal Cloak with their Duroflex joint which seems to have great chaeactweistics but aren't as durable long terms as the JJ. Synergy, Clayton, and Rancho also offer a dual durometer bushing of near idenrical design. Worth considering as well. Teraflex also offers a clevite style bushing that has good feedback but to me is waste of $ if you're buying adjustable arms.

autism family travels

Well. New arms are ordered. We ordered another set of RC lower arms, but they have new rebuildable joints in them. See how they work. Also, we noticed the fronts are installed backwards with the JJs on the axle. This may cause handing screwyness correct?

Bmb1878

Well. New arms are ordered. We ordered another set of RC lower arms, but they have new rebuildable joints in them. See how they work. Also, we noticed the fronts are installed backwards with the JJs on the axle. This may cause handing screwyness correct?
The orientation doesn't matter. You can get links with flex joints on both sides. Most companies recommend the rubber on the vehicle side to dampen the noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94