2004 Tacoma Double Cab - Parts

Howard70

Adventurer
We're selling our first 2004 DC Tacoma for parts. The truck had approximately 26K when a drunk driver hit Heidi from behind rolling the truck.

Engine, transmission, & transfercase; frame; stock TRD suspension; most interior parts;, much of the brake & fuel systems; front differential (4.10), many lights, from bumper, some glass, door panels, some doors, and more in near new condition. The bed & tailgate are usable but some dents. Color is gold, interior is oak.

The hood, front fenders, and rear bumper are totaled, the rear axles, differential & e-locker have been sold.

Haul the whole thing away for $3,200. You pull the engine, transmission, & transfercase for $2,750. I'll consider offers and trades (have a good dual sport moto you don't want to ride this winter....? How about a Cervelo P3C track frame in 58cm?)

If you need parts, drop me an email (snell@unm.edu) and I'll let you know if what you need is available and a price. If you know someone not on ExPo who might be interested, I'd appreciate your copying this to them.

I vastly prefer local pick up (Belen, 35 miles S of Albuquerque), but I might be able to ship small stuff.

Howard L. Snell

Howard70

Adventurer
Some Photos

Here some photos taken at various times. I can take some specific shots and post them tomorrow (let me know if there are specific shots you want to see).

Full disclosure - the tires and wheels have been moved to the new truck (if you're looking for the OEM Alloy wheels I may have some but will have to check). Manual hubs and associated modifications included with totalled truck - but one axle destroyed and the other APPEARS OK, so I can't promise their condidition. The ARE shell is intact, missing one side window and the rear window. The base of the shell would require rebonding, but I don't recall any major fiberglass issues - however I decided it was easier to buy a new shell than repair this one. But I had an insurance check...
Front bumper that is included is not the one pictured - it's a near new one off our second truck. The same is true for the original TRD suspension - rear springs and front struts are not from the totaled truck, they are from the new truck (24K when removed).

Drive shafts in great condition and included unless we have to negotiate price. I think I've covered everything that might appear better in the photos than they actually are, but I can't be sure so please ask about specific items you're looking for!

Howard L. Snell (snell@unm.edu)

Last edited:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Man if you were not in NM I would be talking to you about the drive train since I just busted my motor. THis would be a perfect donor for my 3.4 swap but no way I can get to N.M. to pull it. It would have to be pulled and shipped.

Howard70

Adventurer
email sent

Hello Nullifier:

This would be a perfect setup for your swap. I'm pretty reluctant to consider pulling the power train and shipping it for a bunch of reasons that I outlined in a email sent to you.

However, I can put you up in a great room in our house for a couple of days while you pull it! Spend the third day wheeling around New Mexico and you've had a great three day weekend!

Howard L. Snell

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Howard70 said:
Hello Nullifier:

This would be a perfect setup for your swap. I'm pretty reluctant to consider pulling the power train and shipping it for a bunch of reasons that I outlined in a email sent to you.

However, I can put you up in a great room in our house for a couple of days while you pull it! Spend the third day wheeling around New Mexico and you've had a great three day weekend!

Howard L. Snell

Very tempting but the 6 days round trip drive from Tampa to N.M. is a killer. I could fly but with the flight tickets and shipping it all I think I could find one cheaper in the S.E. Thanks for the email and your right I wish I was in N.M. or you were in Fl cause this would be done. I found a 2.7 about 5 hours from with only 40k on it and am considering that engine since it is a direct drop in and I have ideas about going diesel in 6-8 months.

Howard70

Adventurer
Additional Photos

Here are some additional photos that have been requested.

A couple of people are interested in the complete truck so I'm holding off selling individual parts until they've decided one way or another. If you're interested in individual parts, drop me an email and I'll let you know if they'll be available.

Some things not in the photos but included:

Passenger seat in new condition.
ARE Shell - scuffed up, rear window w/o glass & bent frame, one side "windoor" without glass, aluminum bottom rail detached (see photo of bed).
Front differential (4.10)
Complete TRD suspension (front struts, rear springs & shocks) - these are not off the totaled truck but come from our replacement truck w/25K - near new condition.
Available if purchased with the complete truck - 4 OEM alloy rims w/tires.

What was previously sold or used:
Complete rear axle set up
rear seat

Howard70

Adventurer
Sold

We've sold the Tacoma as complete package to someone who will be doing a complete restoration. That's great news since the truck won't "die"!

Thanks to all of those that expressed interest via PM's and emails.

Howard L. Snell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior