2004 Sequoia (Project Baby Panda) - Adventure and Build Page

smokeysevin

Observer
Its not, replaced those a year or so ago the whole top end is dry. The leak appears to be midway up the block, coming from somewhere behind the cover directly above the lower timing belt tensioner near the alternator.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Its not, replaced those a year or so ago the whole top end is dry. The leak appears to be midway up the block, coming from somewhere behind the cover directly above the lower timing belt tensioner near the alternator.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Ahh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
856e94adb1c806f26af9a67c08fe64e3.jpg
55a269f0f18686b0db02744d440107f7.jpg
63318259cf3ab39e38b406f418450555.jpg

trailscape

Explorer
I like that look. I'm still trying to decide between four round lights or a couple light bars. I need to get them out for a test and see what works best.

What bolts did you use to fasten the light to the t-slot?

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I like that look. I'm still trying to decide between four round lights or a couple light bars. I need to get them out for a test and see what works best.

What bolts did you use to fasten the light to the t-slot?

Some 1/4-20 carriage bolts slid into the slots. I have find most carriage bolts needed some grinding where it’s square to slide in.

Dmski

Adventurer
What brand of light bar are those? Might have missed it in a previous post so apologies if i did. Love the roof rack as well!

calicamper

Expedition Leader
My 06 just rolled 100k. LOL Bought it in 2011 sold my cherry 93 J80 needed more space and more modern rig. Only oddity was the rear drive line the yoke had slop in it causing a high frequency vibration at 68-73mph. Finally replaced the drive line new built one out of Texas $460! Wow soooooo much better!!!
I ran the BFG Rugged Terrains discontinued for a few yrs didn’t really like them on the long drives. The Sequoia tends to be the long highway haul rig so I put BFG Advantage sports sorta a weird hybrid snow/mud tire that I had on our Subaru that has really impressed me. So far I hate to admit it but I’m digging them on the Sequoia too! Plus mileage is improved.
Only modification has been a Apple Car play deck and a rear camera I mounted in the inside center trim across the top of the rear hatch. No dirty cameras on snow trips or dirt roads, wiper takes care of it.

I think we’ll run it another 3-4 years then I’ll probably replace the Sequoia and Subaru with a used plugin Lincoln Aviator hybrid. The kid carting between swim, soccer, volleyball, sailing within a 8 mile zone just sucks at 15mpg lol.
The plugin thing won’t be anything like the Sequoia off pavement but these days graded dirt roads are all we seem to see.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
What brand of light bar are those? Might have missed it in a previous post so apologies if i did. Love the roof rack as well!

eBay specials. It’s not easy finding hyperspot single rows. These don’t cause any glare on the hood and have a focus pattern. Here is the link to the 41” one. I went with two 20” to fill the space better

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Very interested in rack. Do you have a web site or somewhere to get pricing and order from

Can PM or find me on IG or FB under off-road custom design.
No website yet. Waiting to build up more products. Got some in prototyping/design/testing stages.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
My 06 just rolled 100k. LOL Bought it in 2011 sold my cherry 93 J80 needed more space and more modern rig. Only oddity was the rear drive line the yoke had slop in it causing a high frequency vibration at 68-73mph. Finally replaced the drive line new built one out of Texas $460! Wow soooooo much better!!!
I ran the BFG Rugged Terrains discontinued for a few yrs didn’t really like them on the long drives. The Sequoia tends to be the long highway haul rig so I put BFG Advantage sports sorta a weird hybrid snow/mud tire that I had on our Subaru that has really impressed me. So far I hate to admit it but I’m digging them on the Sequoia too! Plus mileage is improved.
Only modification has been a Apple Car play deck and a rear camera I mounted in the inside center trim across the top of the rear hatch. No dirty cameras on snow trips or dirt roads, wiper takes care of it.

I think we’ll run it another 3-4 years then I’ll probably replace the Sequoia and Subaru with a used plugin Lincoln Aviator hybrid. The kid carting between swim, soccer, volleyball, sailing within a 8 mile zone just sucks at 15mpg lol.
The plugin thing won’t be anything like the Sequoia off pavement but these days graded dirt roads are all we seem to see.

Nice. Pretty low miles for an 06. I love these things. The MPG suck but I don’t drive far for work.

The plug in hybrids would make great daily especially with gas prices these days.

Yeah a lot of fun trails don’t need heavy built rigs to do nowadays.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Totally forgot I had a thread here. Anyways new product drop lol.

First run is already sold out. Second run is almost sold out if anyone wants me to add them to the list.

Sequoia Rear Window Molle Panel (SEQRMP)

$285 plus shipping

Driver and Passenger side
Powdercoated Black
100% bolt on
No recommended to be used with 3rd row passengers

PM if you want in.

79e91fcba58cc505b07e15d232659b68.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member