2004 Nissan Frontier 4x4 with Ute Ltd Aluminum Flatbed

adrenaline503

Explorer
2004 Nissan Frontier XE 4x4 Crew Cab
58,xxx miles
Ute Ltd. Flatbed
$13,000

Unfortunately circumstances have changed, and I have decided to sell my 2004 Nissan Frontier. It's been a great truck and I have put a lot of work into it, but I just don't use it to its potential. Sucks for me, great for the next owner. Let's get to the good stuff.

It has a 3.3L V6, and I'm not going to lie, it's a pig. I average about 16-18 on the highway and haven't calculated it around town since my commute is so short. The upside is this year model Frontier has a bulletproof drive train. The engine has a TON of low end torque, and it feels endless until you break traction.

After damaging the tailgate about 2 ∏ years ago I found a Ute Ltd. flatbed on craigslist and decided that I must have it. A short ferry ride later and it was mine. Originally on a Ford Ranger the cross members that mount to the frame had to be lengthened, and I had the welder reinforce all the welds when I did this. The flatbed takes about 300 lbs off the back of the truck which really makes a difference. I have 2 locking toolboxes on it that are great for secure, organized storage. It will also include the drop sides if you want the full flatbed.

Modifications:

-Interior
-Rear seats removed and platform installed. I still have the rear seats and it takes about 10 minutes to swap between the 2 setups.
- Nissan neoprene seat covers
- Sony deck with hidden Ipod integration
- Drive train is stock.
- Suspension
- Old Man Emu Medium duty leaf springs w/ new bushings
- Sway Away torsion bars (30% higher spring rate for the bumper)
- Bilstein 5100 Heavy Duty shocks
- Protection
- Badland front bumper (Line-Xed)
- Badland rear wrap around tube bumper (Line-Xed)
- Skid Row front skid plate
- Skid Row engine and transmission skid plate
- Electrical
- Die Hard Platinum
- Blue Sea 12V fuse block with fused input
- 4 fused relays for all lights (one spare not in use)
- 4 Hella 500 driving lights
- Reverse lights
- Painless wiring fuse block in center console for cabin accessories
-Recovery
- Warm M8000 with only 2 pulls on it.

Last edited:

digitalferg

Adventurer
Damn. Its a long-beb crew cab. :( I'm looking for a short-bed crew. Great truck nonetheless and still quite tempting...

-Ferg-

digitalferg

Adventurer
Why a short bed if you don't mind me asking. They are very short on these models.

Well, its more the wheelbase. The CC shortbed is ~116in and the CC longbed is ~131in. The 131in is a bit long for what I'm looking for.

But damn, either way, this is a good deal on this truck! Do you still have the original bed?

-Ferg-

Last edited:

adrenaline503

Explorer
Oh right, the wheelbase is longer. No, I don't have the stock bed. I gave it to a guy who was going to turn it into a trailer for his kayak touring company.

adrenaline503

Explorer
Update:

I installed the new suspension about 2 weeks ago and it drives like a new truck. Everything went smoothly, there was NO rust or corrosion anywhere. I just checked KBB and in good condition its going for 14k. Make an offer if you're interested. Will deliver with full payment a ticket back to Seattle.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
pics pls with new susp- neat truck!! Just got a Ute for the PW, and could use a run around flat bed.... Will it need tires, or how much lift was generated?

adrenaline503

Explorer
The total lift was approx. 1.5" over stock, being an OME it isn't crazy and doesn't add any additional strain to the drivetrain. It doesn't need new tires, the 31" BFG ATs are fine. I'm at work and will post pics asap.

haven

Expedition Leader
Can you post a photo that shows the entire truck in one image? The photos up now are kind of like a striptease, leaving a lot to the imagination. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online