2004 Land Rover Discovery SE7. 2" lift, HD bumpers/rock sliders, tank skid, 33s, winc

michaels

Explorer
2004 Land Rover Discovery SE7. 2" lift, HD bumpers/rock sliders, tank skid, 33s, winc

ASKING $6000 OBO. Located in Opelika, AL. (10 minutes from Auburn). PLease send all inquiries to michael@loyalstricklin.com.

I'm selling my 2004 Land Rover Discovery II SE7 in Epsom Green with Tan leather interior. This is a third car, but I daily drove it from Jan 2008- Nov 2015. I drove it on the weekends over the past year, but it's been sitting the past few months while I addressed some issues (listed below). I'm ready to move on from this truck though, as time to work on the truck is scarce. It has been stored in my warehouse or garage for the past 1.5 years. Kept outside when I was driving it daily.

The Good:
33" Cooper STT All Terrain Tires 255/85/16 with 10,000 miles on them. Tons of life left. ($1300 new in 2015)
Full Sizes spare
2" HD lift up front 3" in the rear.
Old Man Emu front shocks and steering damper
Fox Remote reservoir Shocks in back
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid Plate
Heavy Duty Rovertym Front Bumper
HD 3/16" thick steel Rock sliders under door (also acts as side step)
HD Steel rear bumper with Hitch.
Superwinch EPi9.0 winch with 200' synthetic winch line
Two Hella 4000 cornering beams on front bumper with switch inside the car
Tan Leather Interior

All of those upgrades totalled over $7500 when new.

Recent Work:
New Head Gaskets (30k-40k miles ago)
New 8mm Magnacore Plug wires
New Plugs
New Radiator
New Manifold Gasket
Two new driver side O2 sensors
New Battery
New heater core.
Replaced Radio
new shifter boot and parking brake boot.
New Gas cap
Recent oil change with full synthetic.

The Bad:
-Cylinder 3 and 7 misfire. Truck runs and drives. Culprit is most likely a clogged catalytic converter, so it needs new cats. Exact codes are P0303 -cylinder 3 misfire, P0307 - cylinder 7 misfire, P1300 - Catalyst damaging misfire-hence most likely needs new cats.
-Has a small exhaust leak where the manifold connects to the cats, so it runs louder than normal. New cats and gaskets between the cats and manifolds will make it quiet again.
-Passenger front window won't roll all the way up with switch, but will by hand. New window regulator to fix this comes with truck.
-Driver rear door only unlocks from interior. Never been a big deal to me. New used door lock actuator comes with truck to fix this issue.
-Scratches are on the hood, passenger side above the rear wheel well and on the driver side from Off-roading in the mountains. Always kept it away from mud.
-There is a short somewhere, so the climate control won't turn on (the fuse keeps blowing because the short is grounding out the circuit). Short is most likely under the passenger side dash. Cover the short with electrical tape and it should work just fine.
-cracked leather on driver side arms rest (driver side seat bottom is new-used)
-typical wear and tear for a 13 year old vehicle.
-typical land rover leaks.

Overall, this is a great truck, and would serve anyone well with the problems fixed or part it out and sell it. The off road parts alone are easily worth $3k-$4k still. I would only recommend someone with a knowledge of land rovers or someone that is familiar with working on cars in general. Land Rovers are finicky, but are amazingly capable vehicles. I have loved owning this vehicle and will miss it dearly.

I'm available to show the truck 10am-530pm weekends or by appointment on the weekend. Asking $6000 OBO. Cash or Certified Cashier check made out to Michael Stricklin only. Title In hand. Can coordinate with having a shipping company pick it up, but buyer must arrange shipping.

UNADJUSTEDRAW_thumb_5c3d.jpg

The rest of the photos can be found on my CL add:
http://auburn.craigslist.org/cto/5982862224.html

Build thread:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/19735-Michaels-s-Discovery

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94