2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 SE7

Aaron Wasson

In the rear with the gear
Im more of a lurker on EXPO than a poster, but Ive decided to put my Rover up for sale so that I can look at getting a Tacoma. It took me some time to actually find this vehicle when I started looking. Everything on it works and the headliner is still attached! Kinda hard to say that when it comes to a Discovery.

Im asking for $15,000 but will take a good offer. Im located in Houston, Tx, but I am willing to take it a reasonable distance if needed.

Full rundown:

I didnt get any information on what the previous owner had done to the vehicle, so maintenance was done (heavily). Im guessing that the previous owner was a soccer mom (I found a nail file stuck under the rubber mat near the gear shift).

Preventative Maintenance:
Drained front and rear diffs - Replaced with Royal Purple 75w/90 gear oil
Drained transfer case - Replaced with Royal Purple (transfer selection lever was actually stuck like it had never been used)
Drained Transmission - Replaced filter and gasket and I replace the fluid every 20k miles
Brake Pedal was mushy - Cleaned out the reservoir and bleed the brakes twice (finally where they should be)
Oil - Changed every 3k miles with an extended size filter and Rotella T-6 (tires rotated at same time)
Replaced radiator - began getting a small pinhole leak near a mounting bracket so I replaced the radiator and flushed the system 3 times. Coolant is the required HOAT.

Modifications:
(Note: all parts ordered through Atlantic British or Lucky8 LLC)
3in TerraFirma HD lift w/ 2+ Terrafirma Shocks
Terrafirma Caster Corrected Radius Arms - New Bushings were used for the Arm-to-Axle and Arm-to-Chassis
Terrafirma Adjustable Track Rod - New Bushings
Rebuilt Steering Gearbox - factory one was leaking fluid and eating bushings and had a dead spot
RTE HD Steering Draglinks - Solid Stainless steel links - designed not to bend on trail - replaced all tie rod ends at the same time
New Ball Joints
Rebuilt Front Driveshaft - all U-Joints were replaced with grease-able joints (must on a Discovery)
255/55/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Added towing package

About Vehicle:

I can tell you anything you would want to know, so just ask!

If more pictures are needed, just let me know!

Aaron Wasson

Mileage would also be helpful.

Good point. Rolled onto 130k just recently.

Also, it fully passed inspection on 5/31/13
Tires have around 50% life left also.

Three Amigos was fixed around 5-6 months ago - Wiring was destroyed inside the ABS unit. Redid wiring and heat-shrinked them.
No ABS Codes/No CEL's

Replaced the Driver side front and rear fog lights.
Rear seats were put back into the vehicle and are fully functional.

Last edited:

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
Not trying to be a downer, but your price is very ambitious for a 130k Disco even with the mods. Mods don't typically add much to the resale value of any vehicle. Also you may want to add some info regarding the maintenance of the engine since these have known head gasket issues. Have the head gaskets been replaced?

Aaron Wasson

Not trying to be a downer, but your price is very ambitious for a 130k Disco even with the mods. Mods don't typically add much to the resale value of any vehicle. Also you may want to add some info regarding the maintenance of the engine since these have known head gasket issues. Have the head gaskets been replaced?

No, unfortunately I think you're right. After posting it, and looking around, Id be lucky to get what I owe on it.

-Head gaskets have never been replaced (to my knowledge) - I know I have never replaced them.
-I change the oil/filter every 3k and grease the front shaft. Front shaft was rebuilt the around 10k miles ago.
-Radiator was replaced due to pinhole leak on driverside near the mounting bracket. I ditched that radiator due to the fact that I had no idea what coolant was used in it before I picked it up. I dont need the system to clog up and kill the engine.
-I replaced the plugs and wires at the same time due to getting misfire codes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94