2004 F150 Build

jusnicho

Observer
Smooth Riding

Update for this week,

• 8 plugs
  • 1 fuel filter
  • 1 Coil Pack

I had a little hesitation and an a occasional misfire in cylinder #8. While all 8 plugs were worn, #8 was so worn that the gap was nearly double the rest. When you add a bad COP on #8, you get misfires and rough idles. Rides much smoother than ever before.

I like it when I fix things. :wings:

Now time to install the lift. It came in last week. A "brand" called CTS. Simple 3" front leveling kit. Just have to find the time to put it on then and get the front end realigned. I'll post pics once its done.

jusnicho

Observer
Functionally no real updates. Hasn't been warm enough to install lift, but I did plasti-dip my bumpers. I like the black and its super low maintenance.
pebehezu.jpg

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

jusnicho

Observer
Took 1.5 to do bumpers (6 coats), 1.5 for the rocker panels, and 1ish for hood. I did the hood to reduce glare.

equjatap.jpg

jusnicho

Observer
Tech Update

OK, so I still haven't put on the lift yet, but I do have some updated tech. I have a new GPS/Media solution for my truck. The tiny tomtom wasn't cutting it so I did some DIY...

Without getting into too much detail, my nook HD doesn't have a gps built in, my phone does have gps. The bluetooth gps app allows you to stream your gps coordinates between devices. Then just went into developer options on the nook and allowed MOC locations and presto, I have a 7" gps. Best part is that on the Navigator and ViewRanger apps you can pre-load all your map data. No need to stream data to phone or nook. I tested it all out on my drive to work today and everything worked great on the road. I'll post up some pics once my mount gets in (shipped yesterday).

Build parts:
-Nook HD (new from ebay $80)
-N2A Card for Nook HD ($20, gives me full rooted android 4.4)
-Bluetooth GPS app for nook (free Client)
-Bluetooth GPS app for phone ($0.99 server)
-Navigator app for nook (free open street maps)
-ViewRanger app for nook
-Tablet Dash mount ($7 ebay)

jusnicho

Observer
OK. Haven't really thought about cable management yet but I like the larger screen a lot...
vy4yzyvy.jpg

jusnicho

Observer
While cleaning out my intake, I decided i didnt like the idea of constriction in my airflow. So I removed my intake silencer.

Just some 3" pvc and rubber reducers. I cut a hole in the air box too (didn't get a picture).

Before (stock photo):
adyma6y8.jpg

After:
y6ada8y4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Big50

Adventurer
OK. Haven't really thought about cable management yet but I like the larger screen a lot...
vy4yzyvy.jpg

You can probably drill a small hole in the top of the little storage area (not sure what to call it) right below the gps. That's where I cut a whole for mine.

DetroitDarin

Scratching a 10 year Itch
While cleaning out my intake, I decided i didnt like the idea of constriction in my airflow. So I removed my intake silencer.

Just some 3" pvc and rubber reducers. I cut a hole in the air box too (didn't get a picture).

After:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/04/y6ada8y4.jpg

Are you worried at all about slowing down the air into the engine? Generally I think the engine will suck in as much as it can/wants despite what shapes are present.

jusnicho

Observer
Are you worried at all about slowing down the air into the engine? Generally I think the engine will suck in as much as it can/wants despite what shapes are present.

Not so much the shape as easing the flow. I also cut a hole in the air box to increase flow. The stock air box inlet is a less than 2 inch opening into the fender. It's noisier now, but a good noisy. "Throaty" sounding. Slightly improved throttle response too.

I just like doing simple mods. Addicted might be a good description.

DetroitDarin

Scratching a 10 year Itch
I like simple mods too - but sometimes velocity can slow due to too-large of pipe (no, that's NOT 'what SHE said'). The Expy guys do that mod sometimes, too.

JJackson

Explorer
You can probably drill a small hole in the top of the little storage area (not sure what to call it) right below the gps. That's where I cut a whole for mine.

I did the same thing for the power wire and Aux input for my satellite radio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94