2004 Dodge/Diesel/Utility Bed/Skamper-Modifications

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
Actually.....

Yes, I have done a couple of things to the truck, nothing major, but I will update with some pictures today or tomorrow.

Thanks for asking.

uscg2008

Explorer
Still Sub'd for this I've always liked the idea of a utility bed and a camper. So far everything you have done is very thought out, well done.

One thing tho, have you thought about using the new daystar air bag craddles? From the pic I saw it looked like you had a fixed upper and lower mounting points

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
Love the build. Perfect truck....quick question.
Do you know how much taller your utility bed is over the factory bed? Trying to determine if there are ANY utility beds out there that will still accommodate a 5er

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
Today or tomorrow huh?

Still Sub'd for this I've always liked the idea of a utility bed and a camper. So far everything you have done is very thought out, well done.

One thing tho, have you thought about using the new daystar air bag craddles? From the pic I saw it looked like you had a fixed upper and lower mounting points

Love the build. Perfect truck....quick question.
Do you know how much taller your utility bed is over the factory bed? Trying to determine if there are ANY utility beds out there that will still accommodate a 5er

Sorry guys. I have updates, just been extremely busy with work, my son racing BMX, and the holidays.

I will post up more truck info soon.

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
I found some of your posts over on Pirate...love the truck!

what class does your son race? I used to race growing up for about 5 years, ended up getting my first car and the rest is history. Getting my son on a mini though this year to start riding 5 novi

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
I found some of your posts over on Pirate...love the truck!

what class does your son race? I used to race growing up for about 5 years, ended up getting my first car and the rest is history. Getting my son on a mini though this year to start riding 5 novi

He races 13 novice. We were hoping for 13 int. by the New Year, but rain and holidays have put a damper on that.

08Silverado

Adventurer
I just bought a '14 Ram CTD 2500 4wd. I really like the looks of your factory wheels powder coated black. What suspension are you running? I don't need much lift, just want to level the front,but I'm a little skepticle of using a coil spacer.

Rbertalotto

Explorer
I have a 2006, 2500 diesel with a short bed. This winter I'm pulling the bed and building a utility body with aluminum "Under Truck Boxes" that I'm sourcing through Northern Tools.

UB36-18open_1.jpg

Using individual boxes gives you lots of options for size and they are individually replaceable if damaged.

I plan on mounting the camper as low as possible between the wheels and installing a flat floor with the boxes bolted to the sides.

I'll start a thread when the project commences.

Motafinga

Adventurer
Great rig! I just pulled the trigger today on a used utility bed myself for my 8 alaskan/F250 obs. Guy I bought it from had a camper combo in mind but never got around to it before selling his long bed for a shorty so I'll bring it to fruition on my rig!
It's a little rough and needs paint and a bit of surgery to make the camper fit since it's wider behind the wheel wells but it doesn't look like a big deal to modify...I hope but for $400 bucks, what the hell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier