2004 CTD FWC Hawk

ndaciuk

Finally scored a used FWC Hawk for my truck!, figured I would start a thread..

Specs:
2004.5 Dodge 2500 CTD NV5600
285/75 Toyo AT2s
Was able to get some of the AEV stuff on it including the Salta HD wheels and splash guards, would love to figure out how to get the front winch bumper on!, Dose not seem like there is any winch bumpers available for these trucks that are not enormous.

Pickup up camper last week, so happy to find one on the east coast, its an 07 Hawk shell model that the previous owner made some additions to, will be making some changes on it eventually, just looking for ideas now.

IMG_0985.jpg

I like your set up. How do you like the Salta wheels on your Ram. I was considering getting those wheels on my 2004 dodge too. Do you happen to have anymore side view pics of your truck and wheels?

ndaciuk

Heres a side shot of the truck, Love the wheels really only aftermarket wheels that have close to a stock backspacing. Was running the H2s before these and those had a good backspacing as well.

IMG_1024.jpg

and a picture of the old set up, did 2 XC trips with the cap

IMG_0353.jpg

Last edited:

Inline6

Adventurer
nice

I still like the backstop.biz bumpers for the 3rd gens

a few years back when I lived on the other coast

liking the thought of the newer bumpers as well, from this forum and the AEV forum.

Hawkz

Adventurer
I was looking for an inexpensive way to add a winch to my 2004 Ram 2500 and ended up buying one of these:

http://fabfours.com/product/winch-mount/#

I just have a 12k Badlands winch in it for now. It bolts up to the factory tow hook location. It took less than an hour to install and most of that was hooking up the winch...

I didn't take any pictures, but I can get a few if you are interested.

I do like the Mercenary Offroad bumper, but I'm cheap, so...

ndaciuk

Thanks for all of the suggestions...

The buckstop looks pretty darn nice!, also have seen and like the mercenary..

Still my favorite is the AEV bumper if its at all possible that it would work..

First steps will be working on the camper, starting to think of possible layouts.

Will be taking the madien voyage (maybe VA/NC) in the next few weeks to test it all out!

Last edited:

D45

Explorer
If you need and want a winch, do it right the first time and get a winch bumper

I have seen those add on winch plates bent VERY EASILY

here is the Buckstop Baja on my old 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4

010_zpsc13047cd.jpg

IMG_20140201_111427_674_zpswkrq8gzc.jpg

IMG_20140201_111357_048_zps5in0xevc.jpg

overactor

Observer
YOU CAN BUY 3RD GEN TO 4TH GEN BUMPER MOUNTS. THERE ARE A HANDFUL OF 3RD GENS HERE IN OHIO WITH 4TH GEN BUMPERS ON THEM AND THEY LOOK PRETTY DECENT ON THEM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles