2004 Chevy Astro AWD Build: Lifted - CCV Poptop

Snowgeek135

Observer
What you don't see there is that I have a flexible propane line that runs back to the bumper and the a stow bag for the nozzle. I am carrying a little 5 lb propane tank and I connect once we are parked.

I also mounted an under the van battery in that void Behind the drivers seat below the van....... I like the location but have chosen to move it rearward because of the proximity to fuel lines..... Terminals just a few inches from a poly fuel line.....am I justified in being concerned?

Until next time,

Ryan

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Ryan,

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Propex + portable propane tank is a good idea. We'd like the heater, but won't use it enough to justify the hassle (and ground-clearance penalty) of a fixed underbody tank, so I was planning to do the same.

Regarding the battery, probably better safe that sorry. 'Course I went the other way and I have an AGM inside the cabin, so there's always a choice to be made.

Snowgeek135

Observer
I just finished a new mount on that battery that I think you will like!! I will post pictures soon but the general idea is that it is back tucked up under the back end of the rig near the heater. Safer, better cable routing, and easier to install. I too went with the t-Maxx system and it is fully operational now.

Are the AGM batteries considered fully safe for interior use?

Ryan

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Technically, no battery is 100% safe, since even an AGM will outgas under certain conditions, but I feel good enough about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94