2004 Chevrolet AWD Express

dar395

Adventurer
:ylsmoke:

Just purchased my next build, 2004 Chevrolet AWD, just 40k on the meter. Might need some tires as I think they may be the original's. Hope it's a good one, $2,900 purchase, is this a fair price?, it is a window van.

LYlqoY2Fo

Builder
Wow. I thought I got a deal at $10k at 70k miles. Congrats. Excuse me while I go sulk.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

dar395

Adventurer
Got my plane ticket purchased, Bus route on the other end (134 miles from the air port) and map quest showing tire stores to auto parts in the area just in case. Got the receipt back for the purchase cash, hope to have her back on the 22nd of the month.

Kind of stoked to pick the new girl up:1888fbbd:

Just returned from a 5 day trip with our van, got it all tucked away for winter, but now I hope to start this build if the Van feels right.

alpine1

Wow that is a steal of a price, as I was just about to list my 2008 AWD savanna up in Canada next to Alaska for 8500
they are great vans though, you will enjoy it

Sleam

Explorer
Have you thought about putting in a folding bed from a VW? I'm going to check out the sizes but it'd be great to just bolt one in and not have a static platform taking up all that room.

rockbender

Adventurer
no sulking - you got a deal too!
decent examples of the AWD Express are becoming more and more difficult to find. We paid a bit of a premium for our '09, but honestly I was happy to find one.

OP - lets see some pics of your new rig!
Wow. I thought I got a deal at $10k at 70k miles. Congrats. Excuse me while I go sulk.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

brushogger

Explorer
A fair price! Are you kidding? If you're not happy, I'll give you that plus $100 for your trouble and come get it. Yes, I really am that nice of a guy.

BigC

Observer
My gosh, I feel like a fool! I just recently bought my 2004 Express AWD with 130k on the odometer for $7,000!!!! That's a hell of a find man, looking forward to seeing what she looks like!

dar395

Adventurer
The trip to and picking up our (new to us) van is over. I always think everyone should watch the movie "Craigslist Joe" just to understand most of us are able to do more not only with less but with the help of other's as we come in contact with them in our travels. Sometimes we may not understand what the world has to offer if we don't reach out.

As always the end score or product seems to be the reward, but the people we meet form who we are.

The Van, it is a great one! The listing agent was not.

New Vab 065.JPG

Just a simple Chevrolet Express,

New Vab 066.JPG

But this is the money shot! The on-line auction never listed it as AWD, a simple run of the GM Vin number gave it away, humans make error or are just a simple get the task over with as a federal employee who cares? Make's for a great deal sometimes!

Last edited:

dar395

Adventurer
On the GSA site at any time there is 8-20 vans, many a low miles with the clocks reading under 20K, this one at 40K but the AWD options ended up being a great value at $2,900.

To some they may see that employee that just don't give a sh_t approach to their job, like in this case shaker can spraying over the decal's on the van.

New Vab 074.JPG

Most buyers would see this as "I'll have to pay to get the doors painted or a least touched up"! I have a much :drool: different take on it then you may.

New Vab 113.JPG

After doing these auctions for many years, I'm overjoyed at seeing the paint bomb attacked, this is just the decals removed (pulled off), first step.

New Vab 115.JPGNew Vab 116.JPG

In this case you get to see just who had her.:Wow1:

dar395

Adventurer
We all can see the :violent-smiley-031: dis-taste and the way it makes a van like this look, but I always ask questions as I encounter new things to tackle, I hope you can learn from this little trick! :):)

New Vab 117.JPG

You can make the paint bomb job go away! And it is a simple process, these are the tools!

New Vab 118.JPG

Windex, a razor blade, small piece of very fine wet sand paper, cordless drill to buff slow so you don't heat the paint or damage the clear coat, and than it's-------

New Vab 119.JPG

Like new!:luxhello:

I like just because others pass on what they don't know, and the bid stay's low.

86cj

Explorer
A rare AWD van that grew up in the forest, turned into a BackCountry Camper in the prime of it's life, what a story.....................

Maybee the low bid paint did not get a good bite...........................

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94