2004 4Runner

4runnerteq

Explorer
Congrats. Also have 04 with 4.7. Quite a sleeper. Especially when youre already doing 80 on the highway and some jack ass passes you then you blow his doors off as you go back by.

ntxtrooper

Observer
Thanks for the comments. I am looking forward to setting it up as my Expedition Vehicle. I will be evaluating and trying to figure out my first upgrades.

ntxtrooper

Observer
Here are some pictures of my “new” Toy

Attachments

• CE92608B-BAFC-4654-BA7A-0201375EC449.jpeg
    CE92608B-BAFC-4654-BA7A-0201375EC449.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 71
  • C10768EA-092B-4B12-946A-ABE9450D6F01.jpeg
    C10768EA-092B-4B12-946A-ABE9450D6F01.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 67
Congrats on the new toy. I have a 2006 v8 4runner, nearly 200k on the clock now. We shopped long to find a v8. Totally glad we did. The xreas shocks were bad, so I put a toytec lift with bilstiens. Cost less than new xreas shocks! The toytec system has been on it for 3 years now, and I have been totally happy with it.

Dalko43

Explorer
The 4th gen is a highly underrated overland vehicle. The v6 is good; the v8 is better IMHO (especially since fuel economy doesn't change too much going from one to the other).

ntxtrooper

Observer
I have found some issues. Toyota dealers says the rack and pinion, power steering pump and hoses need to be replaced. I took in for a mysterious battery drain. If its sits for a couple days, it won't start and of course they could not duplicate that problem.

ntxtrooper

Observer
I have made some progress on the 4Runner.

Replaced the rack and pinion. The hoses and pump appeared to be ok and are not causing any problems.

I have tracked down the battery drain issue and I have determined it is the stock JBL system. I pulled the two radio 20 amp fuses and the battery has no drain issues now. Eventually I will replace the radio with an aftermarket unit with Bluetooth and backup camera capability.

Ordered what I though, was multible bulbs for the climate control unit. I only received one and changed that today.

Other issues that I have tackled was a bad gas cap which was giving me check engine errors. I replaced it was a Toyota gas cap and fixed that problem except now I need to do a zero calibration reset clear the VSC errors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles