2003 Montero with Lovells Springs and Koni Shock Lift

Zoomaster

First Part numbers and shock setting:
Front Springs- CFR-90
Rear Springs- CRR-91
Both are raised medium duty springs

Shocks:
Front- Koni Heavy Track 82 2505 Softest (stock)
Rear- Koni Heavy Track 82 2506 Softest (stock)

TLDR- I got about 2 inches of lift and while the ride has gotten stiffer its more like a firm foam mattress. Only issue is the need for wider wheels

Okay so about almost a month ago I got my springs and shocks installed so now that the shocks have been given a chance to settle and I've gotten some decent seat time its time for a report.
So first thing is that with my car (completely stock and no extra batteries or weight, other than a rear platform) I've gotten about 2 inches of lift all around, more than I had thought that's for sure.

As for Ride Quality its been greatly improved.
Off-road: I haven't been able to take it on any gnarly trails but driving around on some gravels roads and a little bit of rough roading I can say that its very smooth and very little body roll involved, I wish I could get into more details but I don't know all the terms to describe it lol.
It takes bumps and stuff like that pretty easily, and while i feel like the shocks could be a little stiffer I have no issues with how they are both in comfort and safety.
On-road: Super smooth, not wallowly or anything like that and it doesn't tip into corners. I can feel the weight move but it's controlled and firm unlike before where it was super loose and soft.

When I first got them on the rear shocks were a little 'jumpy' but now they seemed to have settled in just fine and no longer feel light. If you want a little bit of a stiffer ride I would say go at least 50% for the rear and maybe 25% for the front, anything more than that I would say
to ride it softer first in case it feels too stiff.

Overall this upgrade as been great and has greatly increased the capability of where I can go if I wanted/could. Honestly the biggest upgrade to do after this for me is to get wider offset wheels (or wheel spacers) because you can really feel the narrow offset with the increased ride height.
I got my springs from lusooverland.com (Great guy leading this) and the shocks from shockwarehouse.com. I believe you can also order the shocks directly from koni-usa but I haven't checked it.

FpR78kv.jpg

VBwKWRk.jpg

UIpIyB7.jpg

C2wgUFL.jpg

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Nice set-up!
What adjustment setting did you use on the rear shocks...softest, med., or stiffest?
The 82 series needs to be adjusted before installation...right?

Zoomaster

Nice set-up!
What adjustment setting did you use on the rear shocks...softest, med., or stiffest?
The 82 series needs to be adjusted before installation...right?

I hate to say it but I listed the settings right at the top of the post lol.
And they can be adjusted but from my understanding they are at the softest setting from stock. Now I could be wrong but thats what I've heard.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Konis have to be adjusted before install or removed and adjusted again.
Thanks, that's what I thought with the Heavy Track. I was not able to find any information on how each adjustment changes the rebound and compression, but would be interested to know how much the adjustment will stiffen these.
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles