2003 International 3800 Bus Conversion

keons500

Observer
I’m selling my conversion bus project!

My goal was a tour vehicle for work during the summer and a camping rig for every other season. Go through the photos of the build. We got a good basis down during the preliminary building phase of six full time weeks with six guys. After that, we took the bus on a 10,000 mile trip and experienced pretty much no issues. I never wrapped the project up. The reality is that my lifestyle doesnʼt justify this sort of travel. Iʼm a business owner and family man. Iʼm not on the road enough. Iʼd love to see someone build this vehicle into their dream!

We have so much invested into this truck! Every item we completed, we wanted to complete correctly. We sourced only quality parts and took our time on the metal fabrication, painting, insulation, and framing. This isnʼt the typical budget “skoolie” build.

As I said above, the heavy fabrication work is done. The interior of the bus needs to be refinished. I recommend removing the majority of the interior and starting a layout that suits your needs from scratch. Despite not being finished, my girlfriend and I still go camp out of it.

I know the truck from top to bottom, and youʼll get honest answers from me. In return, I expect to get an honest price for the vehicle. This truck is the basis for a kickass vehicle and with a small investment will be a four season camper, tiny house, etc.

Specifications: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12SX22H3wgjk00lSh5V6L73bxdSlP_xFu/view?usp=sharing

Build Photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MMVwRSxRmAkW7Ks85g79uiea8Wel1CjR?usp=sharing

Current Photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JrqazoPek-Ffc5IKE_IsLOMxxCjEgiI9?usp=sharing

Interior Dimensions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1df6XpPnovgNgkXUEKaa4TKIUtbvANYs4/view?usp=sharing

Intro Video:
Exterior Video:
Interior Video:
Driving Video:
Spare Parts Video:
$21,500.00

The bus is registered as an RV in fee cat 80 and is currently located in Grand Rapids MI.

Emails only please - collinsnoek@gmail.com Thanks!

Collin

Last edited:

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Awesome build!! Someone will be very very lucky to add their finishing touches. Good luck with the sale.

keons500

Observer
Awesome build!! Someone will be very very lucky to add their finishing touches. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks! I've lowered the price a bit. I'm probably the world's most flexible seller in terms of video calls to show the truck, working out delivery, etc.. I just want to make sure the bus ends up with someone that will finish her up!

Meanwhile - Taking the bus out on a weekend trip this weekend!

redruby

What is the overall length of the bus bumper to bumper and what is the height from the ground to the heighest point and what is the height from the ground to the lowest point on the bus. Did you have a fresh water tank installed or just the grey and black water tanks and is there a bathroom?

keons500

Observer
Interested in speaking with you. I'll send you a PM tonight with my contact...

For sure! Didn't get your message yet.

What is the overall length of the bus bumper to bumper and what is the height from the ground to the heighest point and what is the height from the ground to the lowest point on the bus. Did you have a fresh water tank installed or just the grey and black water tanks and is there a bathroom?

Bumper to bumper is 26 ft. The height is around 10 ft 6" from floor to top of MaxxAir Fan. There's neither plumbing nor tanks. Watch the interior video for a good explanation of the interior. The tubs I speak of are insulated steel boxes that drop down from the interior of the bus. The mindset was to provide an insulated area below floor level for gray water tanks.

Do you have a locking rear differential on this?

Oh man... It doesn't but that was also in my original dreams! The rear axle is a Spicer, and used air lockers are pretty easily sourced. I found a few when looking. I will be so jealous if you put a locker on her!

keons500

Observer
I've had loads of interest! So exciting that people like the bus :)

I updated the original post to include interior dimensions for anyone wishing to play around with their floor plan ideas.

keons500

Observer
I drove the bus 400 miles this past weekend. The engine missed a couple times for the first time ever, so I came back and replaced the camshaft position sensor. I replaced it with the OEM International part from the dealer.

Back to being ready to rip! Glad I got that taken care of before a buyer picked it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior