2003 Ford F-550 4x4 Xcursion Explorer RV with new Cummins 6.7L Diesel

Hodor

It's not the nitro rig. I know him and he's not having health issues. Plus the nitro rig is washington based.

The 7.3 pales in comparison to the 6.7 engine. I have both one in my 2002 e450 ambulance expedition camper i built and a 2008 dodge full size.

Dodge is deleted with a smarty tuner, 4" exhaust and intake
7.3 on the ambo has 180cc injectors, t4 turbo set up with a 366sxe borg warner and 4" turbo back exhaust. Put about 6.5k into the engine alone.

The 7.3 couldnt match the dodge on a downhill with a headstart. Not even close. The dodge will consistently spool 30psi and has seemingly unlimited torque while even a tuned 7.3 can't push more than about 14psi and all the while overheat the turbo doing it.
Plus the v8 has all the inherent issues with early adoption high pressure oil pump injection, whereas the straight 6 has less moving parts, common rail injection and you can push the blocks wayyy harder before you break things.

I'm doubting you guys even know what you're talking about making statements like that.

JumpJ

Adventurer
Drove it today. He has not even done the gearing but does have plans and asking what he is makes little sense. I think it will be sitting for sometime.

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
"I'm doubting you guys even know what you're talking about making statements like that."
HEY!! I resent that! I RARELY know what I'm talking about and I make statements all the ti--
OK never mind.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
It's not the nitro rig. I know him and he's not having health issues. Plus the nitro rig is washington based.

The 7.3 pales in comparison to the 6.7 engine. I have both one in my 2002 e450 ambulance expedition camper i built and a 2008 dodge full size.

Dodge is deleted with a smarty tuner, 4" exhaust and intake
7.3 on the ambo has 180cc injectors, t4 turbo set up with a 366sxe borg warner and 4" turbo back exhaust. Put about 6.5k into the engine alone.

The 7.3 couldnt match the dodge on a downhill with a headstart. Not even close. The dodge will consistently spool 30psi and has seemingly unlimited torque while even a tuned 7.3 can't push more than about 14psi and all the while overheat the turbo doing it.
Plus the v8 has all the inherent issues with early adoption high pressure oil pump injection, whereas the straight 6 has less moving parts, common rail injection and you can push the blocks wayyy harder before you break things.

I'm doubting you guys even know what you're talking about making statements like that.

OK lord of the Diesel engines... why the hell are you comparing a truck to an ambo which scales at 14,500, gutted & rebuild still scaling at 12,500? The truck scales at 6600 lbs, so no ******** it pulls harder, spools higher...doesn’t take Einstein to figure that out. Where is the logic in comparing two dissimilar vehicles? I highly doubt you really know what your talking about base on your comparison...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier