2003 Ford E-450 Red Cross Ambulance 2WD 7.3 89k miles $20,500 near Seattle

Athansinis

Not mine, no affliation. I think I've decided against a diesel or I'd be wanting to check it out. Looks like it might be standing height (I think many of the Red Cross ambulances are)!

From the ad:
This is a fleet serviced vehicle that runs and drives very well. It is powered by a 7.3 power stroke diesel engine. It has been fleet serviced so it is ready to respond a disaster at any time. It has a new door and window installed and is ready for conversion to a 3-4 person recreational vehicle.

2003 ford f450 super duty

VIN: 1FDXE45F43HB58878
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 89296
paint color: white
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: truck

Attachments

• 00V0V_6RO5hyivOfGz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00V0V_6RO5hyivOfGz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 00H0H_ie09DpWBWQ8z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00H0H_ie09DpWBWQ8z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: zip

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Would love to hear others' opinions on the price
I think its a bit spendy on price. But it also comes down to how clean it is. And if it needs anything at all to be in tip top shape. Then it might be worth high teens. I think 10K too low. So 14K?

UHAULER

Explorer
Price seems high. I don't get the love affair with the 7.3/4r100 combo. Stock they are kinda sluggish. I had an 02 f350 7.3/4r100 , didn't really care for it. The same combo in a built out 12-14,000# camper doesn't sound appealing.

Craig_C

I think its a bit spendy on price. But it also comes down to how clean it is. And if it needs anything at all to be in tip top shape. Then it might be worth high teens. I think 10K too low. So 14K?
Agree, it has been since last I have seen a 7.3 ERV, and it was around $14,500. It didn't have the side door, was about 1000 miles from me, and the add was gone two days later when I went to call. Personally I would have done the door different but it is nice to have it done. I texted the seller, so we will see. Thanks for posting it! Only problem for me is I'm 2000 miles away. Anyone in the area know a reputable mechanic I could have the seller take it to to check it out? If anyone knows of another ERV please let me know.

nyyankees588

Pre-covid, these red cross vans were selling for like $8-$10k at auction pretty consistently. All with the 7.3, most under 100k miles. Since covid... well, we all know what's happened to prices.

I've yet to find a shop in seattle that I've been super pleased with, but I'll toss out Dukes Truck Repair as one recommendation. They work on a lot of big trucks (so should be very familar with the 7.3) and have done some work on my e250 over the past two years. Never have done a pre-buy inspection with them, but they're fast, honest, and decently priced on all the work they've done for me.

Reactions: zip

Craig_C

Pre-covid, these red cross vans were selling for like $8-$10k at auction pretty consistently. All with the 7.3, most under 100k miles. Since covid... well, we all know what's happened to prices.
Agree, and thanks for the recommendation. The seller texted me he has more invested than what he is selling it for, and had a full inspection in January. So, well see what that says when he sends it over.

19Spec3

Mannnn, I sure hope my ERV with a side-door is worth $20k. I can't imagine how he has over $20k into it unless virtually everything drivetrain / brakes / suspension has been replaced. Or he just overpaid for the purchase / work.

Craig_C

I think he just overpaid, but he sold it to someone local “who got a good deal” according to him . I’m guessing close to asking because I had been texting back and forth with him Friday. Saturday night when my wife said I could make an offer it was sold. The mechanic work he sent me didn’t justify the price. It must have been one expensive door!

Anyone know of another one? If so please let me know. I have been looking since last summer.

I saw one sell on eBay for like 12-13k without the side door. Side door modification would probably be worth a few grand depending on someones access to tools and materials...still a little spendy for sure

Craig_C

I saw one sell on eBay for like 12-13k without the side door. Side door modification would probably be worth a few grand depending on someones access to tools and materials...still a little spendy for sure
Was that recently? I couldn't find it just now. If you can find it can you post the link please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles