2003 Ford E-350 Sportsmobile 4wd 7.3 diesel 89,700miles $44,000obo

Surprisingly not getting much interest so wondering if I'm too high. Feel free to weigh in. Thanks!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mattlemoo

FOR SALE: 2003 Short body E350 XLT w/Quigley 4wd 7.3 Powerstroke.
Code name: Ahhnold
89,700 miles: parked till sale.
Asking $44,000: title in hand. Free test drives with purchase..
Great shape. Pics in link(s) below.
http://s789.photobucket.com/user/gearheadmatt/embed/slideshow/Ahhnold
http://s789.photobucket.com/user/gearheadmatt/library/Ahhnold

Sportsmobile pentouse top with minimal build out: house battery w/new charge isolator, 2 reading lights and the 2 lights in the top: all LED, USB charger/Volt meter/12volt plug panel.
Interior seating: swivels for both driver (not yet installed) and passenger (installed). Also replaced the 2 rear bench seats with Chateau package removable captains chairs for 2nd row and folding bench for 3rd row. Top, canvas, and the flexi windows are in "like new" shape. Includes curtains for lower windows and poptop windows have shades.

XLT package so power windows, locks. Has an outside thermometer in overhead console. Tinted windows, cold A/C, nuclear hot heater. Rear A/C & heat too.
New custom made front hitch tire carrier (3 point mount). P-coated black. (This was built for this rig, not a modified Curt/other product).
New custom true rock sliders, not nerf bars. Made by Rocky Road Outfitters for my Titan but didn't like how they fit and looked so I had them modified then welded to frame. Work perfectly on Ahhnold as a side step and have a grip tape strip across top so you don't haphazardly check to see if gravity is still working. P-coated black.
New custom 4” exhaust with FTE resonator and Magnaflow 4” muffler. Great flow, no drone, near factory noise level.
Front axle just fully rebuilt with new u joints, bearings, seals, balljoints, axles checked and balanced, brake pads & rotors. Warranty for 2 yrs/24k. New rear pads too.
Agile Offroad RIP kit including new Fox 2.0 shox F&R, new front springs, new Fox steering stabilizer, Sway bar spacers. Ride is great, the Agile guys know what they're doing.
New Hydra programmer with custom tunes for economy (clean) or smoke show. I generally run "optimized stock" and get about 17mpg hwy and passing power is a non-issue..at any speed.
New Ultra Gauge: monitors every sensor in the truck through OBD port. I have display setup with RPM, Boost, and corrected MPH but you can set it up with multiple gauge pages and to display pretty much any sensor in the truck.
New HID headlights. Went for brightness not bling.
New alternator. Unecessarily replaced, had a bad ground on one of the batts.
5 Raceline 16x8 wheels all with 285 75 e-range Goodyear Duratracs with about 7000 miles.

Its had a repaint on parts of the body and shows about an 8 of 10. Interior is immaculate, dynamat everywhere. You can talk to each other at normal voice level.
Engine and trans are tip top. Its had a ton of recent maintenance including new water pump, pulleys, belt, oil pan, and a few sensors. Comes with a few 7.3 spares: GP relay, GP controller module, Cam sensor. All Motorcraft. I can probably get you a deal on rack crossbars if interested. I also have a rocket box and moto hitch rack I need to get rid of.

Located in Golden, CO
Selling to fund my Datsun build & business...and a Whipple charger for my F150...

expo van, campervan, vanlife, quadvan, expedition, pop-top, ford, off grid, sportsmobile

Last edited:

mattlemoo

BDE57CD6-C737-47A1-B1B8-8B4FAB9C5DE6.jpeg
BDE57CD6-C737-47A1-B1B8-8B4FAB9C5DE6.jpegOlder pic. Newer pics with rock sliders and tire carrier in link above.

Justgosurfin

Did you notice any issue with engine cooling with the tire up front? I’ve been considering an option like that.

Do you make the hitch receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattlemoo

no change in coolant temps. I had a guy here locally make it. Same guy did the sliders and exhaust. And all the intercooler and exhaust fab on my Z.
I had the full Aluminess front & rear setup on another SMB and found it annoying to have to open everything before getting to the rear doors. Not to mention the excessive overhang with a bike rack out there too. Throw in the extended body and you've got a girl with damn big hips.. Only use I ever found for the front bumper was sit on it, made for a damned expensive seat.

Justgosurfin

no change in coolant temps. I had a guy here locally make it. Same guy did the sliders and exhaust. And all the intercooler and exhaust fab on my Z.
I had the full Aluminess front & rear setup on another SMB and found it annoying to have to open everything before getting to the rear doors. Not to mention the excessive overhang with a bike rack out there too. Throw in the extended body and you've got a girl with damn big hips.. Only use I ever found for the front bumper was sit on it, made for a damned expensive seat.

Hahaha thank you for saving me thousands in one post.

mattlemoo

Hahaha thank you for saving me thousands in one post.

They look cool but I just found them to be fairly useless. Seems "overlanding" and "expedition" have come to mean "over the top." My experience with 3 different 4x4 vans now has been spend money on suspension (ride quality and flex) and traction. These things way a ton and adding more stuff on top or sides doesn't help get to the cool spots.

Last edited:

mattlemoo

Bump for new dual AGM batteries. It was having a little trouble starting so I pulled the batts and had them load tested. One had a bad cell, the other was on the edge so it got the upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles