2003 E450 Red Cross ERV 7.3 with 76k and no idle hrs

carnut1969

Hey guys. You’ve probably seen UJOR’s ERV build and I’m converting one with a UJOR kit too.

I work at an auction where I found mine and we just got another one in that will be up for auction soon.

I’m guessing it will sell in the $7-8k range. If your interested in it let me know!
I’m a bit of a germaphobe and really like the fact that these never carried people to the hospital they were used for delivering food and emergency supplies two victims of natural disasters. No bodily fluids!. Also, unlike ambulances they never sat idling. The 76,000 miles this one has is a real 76K.

DA5EC98F-4F05-4156-94BB-1C7771D1A355.jpeg

12EB6519-3EDC-4D7C-BEAE-BC6153A130E4.jpeg

/dev/m416

/dev/yj tow vehicle
So, is the pic of the one you're building or the one for sale? If build thread, subscribed. Love the 4x4 conversion on these. What will the final tow capacity be?

carnut1969

I've had a ton of interest in the van and everyone (of course) wants a ton of details and photos. I did it all wrong. Gave all that to the 1st guy but the questions and requests kept coming- no time for that! I’m just going to buy it when it’s listed in the sale- I’m confident that someone will want it... I’ll probably bid up to $7k and if it’s more I’ll just let it go. Not looking to make any money- just hoping whoever buys it collaborates with me on our builds. The van is in Atlanta.

eporter

Adventurer
Is there usually an idle hour meter on these? I’ve seen some listed with and without. Not sure if there is “supposed to be one” or if it’s in a slightly not obvious place?

The ERV revolution is coming...!

JustinFRC

Are you converting yours yourself or having UJOR do it? I'd love to see a DIY install thread of a UJOR kit on one of those red cross trucks.

carnut1969

Guys the van sold last week. Not to my dealer but to another local dealer who has it for sale. He is asking $7999.
The dealer is JT Philips Auto and the # is 678-851-0531

Its a clean truck very similar to mine with a couple exceptions:
1. 6.0 diesel. Decent engine but should be bulletproofed
2. Not full width rear doors
3. it is a 2006

It does have an honest 76k miles and $8k is likely a fair price. He is making a little profit, but not excessive.

I have NOTHING to do with the sale or the truck. I am not making a penny or asking for a referral fee or anything. PM's asking about the 2006 truck or any further posts here will be ignored. You know what I know at this point and I'm not going to tell you what the dealer paid for it. If you are looking for an ERV with good miles as a starting point, this might be a good choice. I'm happy to share my build details/ cad plans/ etc with whoever buys it and would love to work with someone that is building a similar rig.

Best of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94