2003 e350 Ford 4x4 van value

Deshet

Adventurer
Invest $10k in axles, gearing and finish work... I think you will double your money on that investment... imho...
Invest $10K and hope to get $6000 of it back.

Put it on ebay or the Sportsmobile forum. I have listed some crazy deals on here and haven't sold anything to a member. Most people either have a truck, have something to sell, are too far away, or don't have the money. It doesn't seem like you have had it long based on the motor size mix up; also most people with these know the general value. A lot of the value is in who did the 4x4 conversion. There are some low cost van conversions happening in Mexico but they don't bring much in resale. I personal don't know anything about the quality but people online bash them so much that they don't have much value.

In 1997 my Quigley van was converted for $4500, today some pay well over $15,000. I would really like to have that pop top. PM me a price.

Thanks

gaiabella

Invest $10K and hope to get $6000 of it back.

Put it on ebay or the Sportsmobile forum. I have listed some crazy deals on here and haven't sold anything to a member. Most people either have a truck, have something to sell, are too far away, or don't have the money. It doesn't seem like you have had it long based on the motor size mix up; also most people with these know the general value. A lot of the value is in who did the 4x4 conversion. There are some low cost van conversions happening in Mexico but they don't bring much in resale. I personal don't know anything about the quality but people online bash them so much that they don't have much value.

In 1997 my Quigley van was converted for $4500, today some pay well over $15,000. I would really like to have that pop top. PM me a price.

Thanks
The 4x4 conversion was done by Out of Bounds in Carson City, Nevada, which is now out of business. I had it checked out by several people and they said it looked solid. The "motor mix up" was a typo. My old 7 footer hands don't type well. :). I do have an idea what i think it's worth but I was looking for some input from all the experts out there. I am looking to get an expedition truck and live out of it. I can't PM a price till I figure this all out.
thanks

Attachments

• Kareem.jpg
    Kareem.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 110

jason77

Adventurer
The 4x4 conversion was done by Out of Bounds in Carson City, Nevada, which is now out of business. I had it checked out by several people and they said it looked solid. The "motor mix up" was a typo. My old 7 footer hands don't type well. :). I do have an idea what i think it's worth but I was looking for some input from all the experts out there. I am looking to get an expedition truck and live out of it. I can't PM a price till I figure this all out.
thanks
When you say you're looking to get an expedition truck, what do you have in mind?

gaiabella

When you say you're looking to get an expedition truck, what do you have in mind?
I am looking at a LMTV with a box like a Total Composites one. The Global Vehicles and Bliss Mobile boxes are a bit out of my price range. I am looking at Grigsby Trucks and Acela Trucks.
Also I am looking for a company to build the box out. Not anything fancy, practical and functional. If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it.

jatibb

Adventurer
wow, so much for just getting an honest opinion here now.........i wouldnt spend a dime on it, if your selling, get a decent price and move on.....to whatever you want. i would think, as is its probably a 12k or so van

gaiabella

wow, so much for just getting an honest opinion here now.........i wouldnt spend a dime on it, if your selling, get a decent price and move on.....to whatever you want. i would think, as is its probably a 12k or so van
Thanks for the input.

gaiabella

Thanks for the input.
I was hoping it would be worth more as I have added solar, winch, Fiamma awning, Weboost cell booster, ARB 50 qt fridge, rack, Lagun table, 12v and USB plugs and the 8k pop top. It is what it is. Thanks

grampswrx

Observer
I wouldn’t start pricing it below $25-30k. The top and 4x4 is worth that even with a blank interior. If you want to get more money, clean it up and take good photos. That will sell it. The price range can be large on these because of the wide variety of options available. You’ve picked some expensive parts (like the top) so you should get a good price for it. $40-50 is out of the ballpark in my opinion because it’s not ALL top of the line, but it’s a good rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deshet

Adventurer
I am about 6" shorter then you and I have a lot of trouble fitting into the van. They were designed around a person being 5'8" tall.
I have an LMTV M1078 that I would trade for van. It has 94 miles. I am sure that we can come to agreeable terms.

I am speaking from experience and I have bought vehicles all over the country. Don't modify your truck hoping to get more value. The buying pool gets extremely small for vans over $20,000 especially the DIY interior conversions. The 5.4 is a great engine but it limits your total value. I have seen some nice diesel powered high top vans sit on the market for months in the 20,000 to $30,000 range. It is similar to anything, those with the most buying power have more choices.

I sold one of the best vans I have ever seen in person last year and I could have got $10,000 more if it had the diesel versus the 460. It was on the site for a month before I posted it anywhere else.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...one-of-a-kind-ford-video-and-pictures.172523/

Put it on Ebay and the Sportsmobile forum. All of us check eBay daily

gaiabella

I am about 6" shorter then you and I have a lot of trouble fitting into the van. They were designed around a person being 5'8" tall.
I have an LMTV M1078 that I would trade for van. It has 94 miles. I am sure that we can come to agreeable terms.

I am speaking from experience and I have bought vehicles all over the country. Don't modify your truck hoping to get more value. The buying pool gets extremely small for vans over $20,000 especially the DIY interior conversions. The 5.4 is a great engine but it limits your total value. I have seen some nice diesel powered high top vans sit on the market for months in the 20,000 to $30,000 range. It is similar to anything, those with the most buying power have more choices.

I sold one of the best vans I have ever seen in person last year and I could have got $10,000 more if it had the diesel versus the 460. It was on the site for a month before I posted it anywhere else.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...one-of-a-kind-ford-video-and-pictures.172523/

Put it on Ebay and the Sportsmobile forum. All of us check eBay daily
Thanks for the offer but I already have the truck figured out. Thanks for the info too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles