2003 e350 Ford 4x4 van value

gaiabella

Thinking about selling my van and I was trying to figure out a value for the rig. It's a 5.7 liter with a Colorado Camper Van pop up, 300 watt solar with 315 amp hrs batteries, rack, winch, etc. The interior is casually built out with 2 futon beds, sink, ARB 50 qt fridge, Lagun table etc. Sorry no interior photos at this time. 160k miles. Just looking for an estimate.
Thanks, mark

Attachments

• IMG_3326.jpg
    IMG_3326.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 996
  • IMG_3707.jpg
    IMG_3707.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,020
  • IMG_3937.jpg
    IMG_3937.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 990

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Nice looking rig. I am not knowledgable-enough to help you with an evaluation...but can I ask what rims you are running? Are they stock steel at 16X7 or Vintique at 16x8 or 10?

gaiabella

I found some more photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2920.jpg
    IMG_2920.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 543
  • IMG_2921.jpg
    IMG_2921.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 551
  • IMG_3894.jpg
    IMG_3894.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 557
  • IMG_4108.jpg
    IMG_4108.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 553

gaiabella

5.7?
4x4?
Here is a more detailed list.

The Truck:
2003 Ford E350
139k miles
5.4 L gas engine
3 spd auto transmission w/ OD
3.55:1 rear gears
Leaf suspension
2” receiver hitches front and rear
Brake controller
AM/FM/CD/USB Stereo can take a plug in camera
Alarm with remote start
Power windows and locks
12V outlet with 3 plug extender
Driving and fog lights
Backup flood light
K&N Cold air intake
passenger seat swivel 180 degrees
Air horn
Bedliners covers the roof
14-15 mpg on highway
Very dark tint on all windows behind the seats

The conversion:
4X4 conversion
Dana 44 straight axle
Leaf suspension
Warn manual hubs
NV271 Transfer case, manual shift
3.55 gears

Living Quarters:
2 twin beds 74”x 24” with custom futons
Underbed storage
Behind bed solar
Velcro attached screens on drivers, passenger, and rear doors
Galley sink with demand pump
Galley storage
Barn door storage
LED lighting
Window covers
30 amp shore power runs 4 ac plugs on two circuits
Insulated Walls
Fantastic brand fan

Solar
215 watt solar panel
100 watt solar
12v 1000w inverter
breakers and breaker box
solar controller
remote meters for controller and inverter
150 amp fuse
3x 12V batteries
30 amp transfer switch

gaiabella

It is tricky to value .. there is useable stuff here.. but weaker axles, motor, rear gearing is tall, and the inside pics show the interior is very rough..

If I were you I would finish out the interior with grey carpet or loncoin... dont leave exposed foil backed insulation... And maybe get the entire thing vynil wrapped ... So that it is at least one color.. that will add a lot of curb appeal for sales..
Thanks David, some good suggestions.

gaiabella

A full width platform for the futon would be good as well, it would give a lot of under bed storage...and still have a second bed when the top is raised.. it's a nice van.. just need to add some finish work...
There are 2 half futons on each side of the back end. There are boards that close the path in between that futons to make a full large bed.

grampswrx

Observer
Where are you located? To give you a general idea, you are probably looking at a price of $12k-$25k. But, as mentioned above, a lot of value can be added by finishing the interior (and taking good pics of it) as well as the exterior. The range is large because some of the stuff is very valuable (like the pop top) but the weak axle and undesirable gearing are detractions for many. There are a lot of really expensive 4x4 vans out there, but they have very expensive options on them. With some TLC, your van could be very nice. I am looking for something like that right now to build out but I would need better photos of yours. Is there a bed in the pop top?

gaiabella

Where are you located? To give you a general idea, you are probably looking at a price of $12k-$25k. But, as mentioned above, a lot of value can be added by finishing the interior (and taking good pics of it) as well as the exterior. The range is large because some of the stuff is very valuable (like the pop top) but the weak axle and undesirable gearing are detractions for many. There are a lot of really expensive 4x4 vans out there, but they have very expensive options on them. With some TLC, your van could be very nice. I am looking for something like that right now to build out but I would need better photos of yours. Is there a bed in the pop top?
There is a great bed up top. Over 8 feet long. There is tons of room too because the roof pops up to over 8 feet.
I'll look for pictures or take some.
I am in Haines, AK now but share time in CA.
Picture here is before Fiamma awning.

Attachments

• IMG_2947.jpg
    IMG_2947.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 314

gaiabella

There is a great bed up top. Over 8 feet long. There is tons of room too because the roof pops up to over 8 feet.
I'll look for pictures or take some.
I am in Haines, AK now but share time in CA.
Picture here is before Fiamma awning.
Inside pic ripped from the internet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 2.06.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 2.06.31 PM.png
    468.6 KB · Views: 282
  • van santispac.jpg
    van santispac.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 303

gaiabella

How is the rust situation? Can you post some undercarriage pics ? That will be very important in determining a value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rust doesn't seem to be a problem. I will get some photos as soon as this hectic 4th time frame passes.
Invest $10k in axles, gearing and finish work... I think you will double your money on that investment... imho...
What axles and gearing do you recommend? Thanks

grampswrx

Observer
Is the trans a 3 speed total? Or 3 speed with overdrive making it a 4 speed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94