2003 Doublecab Tacoma,the OUTDOOR LOGIC BUILD

penangtoy

Adventurer
Hi there everyone
I am finally having the time to start a simple thread about my double cab tacoma build. I always love the offroad scenario and the outdoors. I started off with a 1996 tacoma 4wd and got involved in chasing for my friends who were racing SCORE and MDR and going to the desert a lot, pictured down the first picture my caged and custom a-arm taco with King coils all around . Truck has been sold almost 7 years ago. Cutting a long story short after 14 years older, surviving a stroke that almost paralyzed me and becoming a dad. Here I am rebuilding my life and starting to find the overlanding scenario much calmer and enjoyable. After looking at threads reading and researching I found and met a local fab shop called OUTDOOR LOGIC in Riverside CA. They had already built a nice bumper for a fellow member here named Pikeman. Pikeman told me he had a very good and pleasant experience dealing with them . I called them and the rest is history.... well at least now we start with a rear bumper. Jimmy and Ronnie were very accommodating as I had specifically wanted to function not only carry tires and offroad equipment but for my disability as I had a electric goped that I used when I had to travel/walk a certain distance within the colleges I teach at. Besides that I also wanted my spare tire mount to be taken or put on whenever I wanted. They were willing to work with me and together work till the idea was refined. As the process slowly begins we are aiming for new sliders, front bumper and roof rack. I had a close buddy build a set of sliders a while back they work for now and a headache rack commonly seen in the international markets for toyota hilux came with headache racks behind the cab for protection. Currently my 03 sits on
ICON COILS FRONT /BACK
TOTAL CHOAS UCA
DEAVER 9 PACK
BFG KM2 255/85/16 on '99 4runner limited rims
SOFTTOPPER BACK SHELL

Attachments

• 96Taco.jpeg
    96Taco.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Azusa1.jpg
    Azusa1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 227
  • outdoorrear1.jpg
    outdoorrear1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 181
  • outdoor1.jpg
    outdoor1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 141
  • outdoor4.jpg
    outdoor4.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 184

Outdoor Logic

Supporting Sponsor
This thread needs more pics

How the basic shape is made

DSCF3659.jpg

Outdoor Logic

Supporting Sponsor
That is the start of the swing out tire set up. It will use Delrin < spelling ? Bushings captured in double sheer. It is supported with a welded nut and small tube inner support.
DSCF3664.jpg

Pikeman

Adventurer
Looking real good. I am glad you are happy with the guys at Outdoor Logic. The crew there really listens to the customer and delivers the product they want with great quality fab work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior