2002 Sedona Red Pearl WRX Wagon (112k)

V1GiLaNtE

Make: Subaru
Model: WRX Wagon
Year: 2002
Mileage: 112,503
Color: Sedona Red Pearl
VIN: JF1GG29642G804329

I am selling my five speed 2002 SRP WRX Wagon. I have only owned this beautiful car for a short period of time and am the third owner.

The primary reason for selling the car is I am a Jeep guy. I have always had a love for the "Bugeye" WRX and especially the wagon. This car popped up locally for sale and I pounced. I purchased the car @ 109,878 miles and have since then put on about 2,600 miles commuting, long distance driving and some extended mountain driving trips.

I've found that while I love the car I'm just not enamored with it and I enjoy the "feel" I get from the driving position of my Jeep more so.

With that being said this car is a solid 8.5/10. The second owner whom I purchased the car from has had any and all service done by Stohlman Subaru in Vienna, Va. He purchased the car from the 1st owner in 2007 with roughly ~40k on the vehicle. The car came with a Borla "Hush" Series catback and he has spent more than the value of the car in meticulous maintenance on the car. Every major service 60k, 90k to include timing belt and water pump components were done at the dealership. Oil changes, inspections, etc. all done at the dealership.

This car is truly a gem with its well documented service history, color and practically stock mechanicals. Given the extent of the maintenance I have only had to change the oil on the car. This was performed at 110,737 with an OEM Subaru filter and Rotella T6 Synthetic 5w-40. Subaru enthusiast will instantly recognize the benefit of making this change given the EJ205 engine. I did not plan any major service until the 120k mark which would have consisted of plugs and Redline fluid change in the transmission and differentials.

The interior of the car is in fantastic shape. No rips or tears in the seats. The floor mats are a little worn but no "heel holes" in the driver mats. The trunk area has some stains (it's a grocery getter) and the rest of the car is in great shape

The exterior is in wonderful shape as well. It has a few small dings and scuffs given its life in the Northern Virginia area but nothing you would be instantly drawn too. The previous owner provided documents from a local body shop (Falls Church Auto Body, LTD) where on two separate occasions (December 2011 and June 2012) the driver passenger door and rear bumper cover where "hit" in parking lot incidents. No mechanical damage was assessed but insurance claims were filed for both incidents so technically they are considered "accidents".

The engine bay is clean and no leaks exist. Again, I don't predict any major maintenance to be needed until 120k. The major 100k service to include the timing belt and various cooling components was done at Stohlman Subaru at 106,389. Motor pulls strong and boost is great.

I purchased a set of OEM Subaru cross-bars as I was eventually going to add a bike rack to the vehicle. The bars will be included.

Given all of the above it's probably a wonder "Why sell it!?". Again, coming from the realm of lifted Jeeps, I've just found that on long drives I'm not as comfortable in the seating position (I'm 6'3), I like being up higher and frankly I've realized I'm not ready to start another project vehicle without finishing my project plans with the Jeep.

The car currently has a lien on the title by Navy Federal. If the right buyer and price comes forth I would be more than happy to arrange the car to be paid off and a free and clear title be available for the new owner. Again, this would require a serious commitment on your part.

The asking price is $7300 firm. There may be some slight room for negotiations but for those who are seriously interested you know just exactly what you're getting.

A relatively "low-mileage", stock, unmolested and pretty rare color iteration of the Subaru WRX.

Car is located in Fairfax, VA

01111_g8KUH3PlS3z_600x450.jpg00V0V_btst02ucIP8_600x450.jpg00707_b0sn7VvaFkK_600x450.jpg00O0O_cqZ5IijtOXn_600x450.jpg00S0S_dFEH5Z3bnx_600x450.jpg00000_k7l9VtsBGEN_600x450.jpg00O0O_3xpPtYyZTGT_600x450.jpg00g0g_CvnHMkZZDw_600x450.jpg01414_3QsWbGK64yQ_600x450.jpg

Attachments

• 01717_2XxMxrj3dU9_600x450.jpg
    01717_2XxMxrj3dU9_600x450.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles