2002 Provan Tiger GMC 3500 4x4 Dually Diesel $85K OBO

rawtoxic

Good drive-train engine combination here Allison / Duramax. Without duals, a more conservative lift and slightly better price I'd buy. Maybe a good candidate for a super single conversion.

redruby

I’m interested what is the overall length, bumper to bumper, height from ground to the top of the roof, interior and exterior, what’s the mileage on the engine, holding tanks-types and capacity, cooking type and power,spare tire location and any other info would be appreciated, thx

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I’m interested what is the overall length, bumper to bumper, height from ground to the top of the roof, interior and exterior, what’s the mileage on the engine, holding tanks-types and capacity, cooking type and power,spare tire location and any other info would be appreciated, thx

This was copied/pasted from eBay ad. Reach out to seller on that ad for best info.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Good drive-train engine combination here Allison / Duramax. Without duals, a more conservative lift and slightly better price I'd buy. Maybe a good candidate for a super single conversion.

Agreed on no duals and less lift.
Trouble will be finding a reputable company to convert this generation to super singles. Stazworks might be the only company.

Last edited:

zip

Agreed.
Trouble will be finding a reputable company to convert this generation to super singles. Stazworks might be the only company.

I’m not really familiar with converting from dually to super singles.
I’m guessing it is more than just bolting on a new singular wheel and tire?

sourdoughben

My Tiger/Ram3500 was a dually. Front axle got Yukon manual hubs (non- dually) and rear I just directly bolted new wheel on. Wheels are 4,500lb. rated Method NV/HD, tires are Nitto Ridge Grappler F equivalent 3,900 lb. rated. The rear wheel flares are narrowed and reinstalled as they came off. Front has aftermarket bushwhackers. I drove it 12,000 as a DRW and 50,000+ miles since SRW, much prefer SRW. Mine does not have a lift and I would not want one. I recommend adding the biggest rear sway bar available.
tiger Aluminess front 1-4 view.jpgtiger new wheels and tires.jpg

Last edited:

zip

My Tiger/Ram3500 was a dually. Front axle got Yukon manual hubs (non- dually) and rear I just directly bolted new wheel on. Wheels are 4,500lb. rated Method NV/HD, tires are Nitto Ridge Grappler F equivalent 3,900 lb. rated. The rear wheel flares are narrowed and reinstalled as they came off. Front has aftermarket bushwhackers. I drove it 12,000 as a DRW and 50,000= miles since SRW, much prefer SRW. Mine does not have a lift and I would not want one. I recommend adding the biggest rear sway bar available.
View attachment 627110View attachment 627112

Can you share why you didn’t want a lift?

zip

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Or 1st Attack Engineering. They help with rescue rigs. If you went the super single route
Unfortunately not. I spoke to Jeff at 1st Attack yesterday in relation to another rig. While he still offers super singles for the earlier Ford 8lug, his Chevy/GMC 3500 (8lug) offerings start for 2011+ rigs. Keep in mind that the 450/4500s and 550/5500s are 10lug.

I’m not really familiar with converting from dually to super singles.
I’m guessing it is more than just bolting on a new singular wheel and tire?
Buckstop has some helpful info; https://www.buckstopinc.com/single-wheel-conversions.html
Some further info from DBL Designs; https://www.dbldesign.com/single-wheel-conversion (you'll notice some opinions here, which might differ from the other 2 companies listed in my reply)
Per Jeff at 1st Attack, it depends on the year/make/model. Too many variances to keep all the info straight in his head--he's made a spreadsheet with all the info. Some of his 20x11 steel super singles (they weigh 62lbs/each by the way!) are reversible, meaning that it's the same wheel front to rear, just that the rear is orientated to be dished more (higher negative offset in mm) to allow for more "push" to the outboard of the vehicle.
Sometimes the wheel orientation puts the valve stem on the inboard edge (under the truck), which makes it difficult to air up the rear tires.
Sometimes he said the wheel isn't reversible front-rear, so he'll sell a front as a spare as a "narrower" offset front wheel could still be used in the rear (just would sit inboard much further than normal), but a "wider" offset rear wheel would stick way the heck out if fitted to the front in the case of a flat tire situation.

My Tiger/Ram3500 was a dually. Front axle got Yukon manual hubs (non- dually) and rear I just directly bolted new wheel on. Wheels are 4,500lb. rated Method NV/HD, tires are Nitto Ridge Grappler F equivalent 3,900 lb. rated. The rear wheel flares are narrowed and reinstalled as they came off. Front has aftermarket bushwhackers. I drove it 12,000 as a DRW and 50,000+ miles since SRW, much prefer SRW. Mine does not have a lift and I would not want one. I recommend adding the biggest rear sway bar available.
View attachment 627110View attachment 627112
Can you also tell us why you prefer SRW vs DRW? There's been such a debate about going from DRW to SRW due to "babyhead" rocks getting stuck in between the duals and slicing the sidewalls up, etc....it'd be interesting to get your experience.

Much more robust suspension componites and level compensating air bags. Huge tires and wider track helps too
Starting with a 450/4500, or 550/5500 means burlier parts, larger brakes, is helpful for not having to worry about exceeding payload. Huge 41" tires can handle the heavier loads of rigs like a heavy Earthroamer, but those tires/wheels are also not only very costly but VERY heavy, which in general can mean increased stopping distances, poorer acceleration and handling(hence the need for even better susp), etc. Not to veer off topic from this Tiger, but here's a good perspective on the larger 38s/aluminum Hutchinson 2pc beadlocks; https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...overland-explorer.173413/page-22#post-2701568 My son ran the Continental 285/80R20 tires to Alaska and back plus we did some driving around home. They are fantastic for slow speed and when you air them down you feel like you can go anywhere. However the [large] wheel tire combo feels like it's just to much for the truck [a 6.7L Ford with 9xx ft/lbs!]. Just to much weight, for the system. I am much happier with the 35" tires. Truck handles them better, accelerates better, STOPS much BETTER and simply performs better."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94