2002 4x4 Chevy Sportsmobile RB50 For Sale, Accepting "REAL" Offers, VERY MOTIVATED!!

Adventurerider

Adventurer
2002 4x4 Chevy Sportsmobile RB50 For Sale, Accepting "REAL" Offers, VERY MOTIVATED!!

Update: Brand New 17" American Racing wheels and Goodyear Duratrac E load rated tires with 50K mile warranty just put on the SMB yesterday for the sale, open to offers, have had 3 people already commented to the purchase but there financing fell through, so it's time to go and I'll entertain all offers!!!
This is a one owner 2002 Chevy 5.7 V8 SMB with 99,000 mile impeccably kept with meticulous records for each and every service along with any idem purchased or added along it's journey, Always dealer serviced, again with complete document history.
This Salem Kroger converted 4 wheel drive (over $15K spent on 4x4 conversion) Sportsmobile is being offered with a complete RB 50 Camper & "pop top" Conversion done by Sportsmobile CA this van comes complete with original build sheet as well.
The conversion consist's of the entire interior and roof dismantled & striped, then being completely redone & customized by Sportsmobile West with a “Pop Top Penthouse” roof that sleeps 2 adults or three children when raised along with a rear bench that has seat belts for 3 that folds down allowing for 2 adults or 3 children to sleep. The conversion also provides a LP tank mounted up and out of the way on the frame (for off roading) a LP gas cook top, 4 cubic foot fridge, sink with running water & holding tanks, Solar Panels for Charger for house batteries, 3000 watt inverter/convertor with 4 GFI outlets for charging whatever you need, indoor/outdoor table & thermometer, inclosed porta potty, outdoor shower, hard wired carbon monoxide & smoke detectors, Fiamma 45 Awning, front and rear hard wiring & hitch's for Warn 15000lb winch (which itself will not being sold with vehicle). This is a great set up for boon-docking!
The best part of this rig is that you can drive it every day as your "Daily Driver" or as your only car, it small enough and particle enough for daily use, besides it's being a tax write off, it qualifies for RV financing making owning this a real reality with payments as low as $350 a month. As most of you already are aware of, this van was over $100,000 to build and has the best Salem Kroger has to offer!!
So why are we selling it, well it was our intent when we purchased it, as many of you may already know, we are in the middle of building our own SMB, but when we stumble on to this van, in the shape it was in, the unbelievable records it had and the price we decided to move forward on purchasing it, this all because we saw a van that was closely done as this one at the Overland Expo and thought we could probably make it work. Well once we got it home & after trying to figure out where to put everyone (4 children) and there gear, the plan we thought we had just didn't work wasn't going to work out, so the van got to go so we can go back to finishing off ours with the money...

For more NEW UPDATED (6/26/2010) photo's please visit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/expofreek/sets/72157624225156847/

Van will be at Miller Motorsports Park this weekend for the Championship Off Road Truck Races along with The Cruiser Fest event, so if your there, stop by and say hello!

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 657
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 602
  • DSC_0481.jpg
    DSC_0481.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 704
  • DSC_0485.jpg
    DSC_0485.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:

Adventurerider

Adventurer
:jump::jump::jump:Advduo,

Thanks for pointing that out, sorry about that everyone, that's what happens when you write add's on Sunday afternoon after chruch with the kids jumping around you, telling dad to post this picture and that one, they're always such big help, lol.

Cheers all

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
NICE!

If anyone wants me to run up and check it out for them let me know, I am only an hour south!

(besides it would give me a good reason to poke around in this gorgeous vehicle that I can not afford!;) )

I assume that you had intended to put in a third captains chair, that could fold into a small bed, thus giving you the required sixth seat and bed?

Super nice looking truck. I am curious (and I hope you do not mind my asking) where is the porta-potty?

Last edited:

Adventurerider

Adventurer
Ford & gfiero,

Yep on the captain's chair and again sorry for leaving out vitals:
5.7 V8, 1 Ton

Thought I had it sold, but it the eleventh hour nope, so I'm open, time to find this bad boy a new & caring home so.....

Advrider

haven

Expedition Leader
Is the 4x4 the GM factory all wheel drive, with no low range, or
is it a third party conversion that adds a two speed transfer case?

Adventurerider

Adventurer
Haven,

No it's a Salem Kroger 4x4 conversion, it was very pricey and done the right way, and yes it has low range etc.. I think that was stated in the add but I have missed a few things while writing the add so I'm going to check, thanks for the heads up!

Cheers
Advrider

Adventurerider

Adventurer
Update: New Tires and Wheels

The rig received new shoes & wheels today, I just wanted to post a few quick pictures of how she looks now with them and a quick review on the tires themselves.

Brand New 17 inch American ATX Crawls with the Brand New Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's in 265/70/17 E, that come with a 50K milage warranty and besides the kevlar sides they have, there are these cool little grooves/tread design in between the tread itself (picture coming soon) that they describe as "rock throwers". I would also like to comment on just how stoked I am with the way they she looks and how everything came out, it's amazing what $2K in wheels and tires can do for a rig. But what's really got me excited/my attention, is for the killer aggressive look of this tire is just how quiet and well mannered at speed they are, an how much they improved the over all ride over the BFG's that came off.

Now after all the hours of reviews I sat an read before making my finial decision, commented on just how quiet they were "quietest mud terrain we've ever tested" etc.. an finally a review/test/write up that was dead on & not exaggerating. One of the scariest things about buying tires I.M.O.(besides the cost), you can do all the research you want, but until you have them mounted on your rig, theres just no way of knowing. Now granted, after all this praise I'm giving, I have yet to get them dirty, an truthfully, I most likely wont get the chance. But I can't imagine the reviews I read of there off road prowess are going to be anything but dead on.

So If your looking for a quiet, great looking, long lasting (warranty anyway, only time will tell for the new owner) reasonably priced tire with an E load rating, here's a recommendation!.

Cheers

Attachments

• DSC_0469.jpg
    DSC_0469.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC_0473.jpg
    DSC_0473.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_0474.jpg
    DSC_0474.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_0476.jpg
    DSC_0476.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 194

Adventurerider

Adventurer
Bump for new pictures posted of wheels and tires that were just put on along with more pictured added to the flicker link at the bottom of the description...
We have sold this SMB 3 times :Wow1: or rather thought we sold it, but with each person their financing fell through so it's available and I'm Super motivated to make a deal, our van is waiting to be finished because the funds are tied up in this van. Our van is also supposed to be leaving for completion next week, so I would love to have this SMB sale wrapped up before leaving, so if there's been anyone waiting :coffee:, sitting on the bench, now is the time to get into the game because all "REAL" offers will be considered!!
The van will be at Miller Motor Sports Park this weekend for the Off Road Truck Racing Championship & the Land Cruiser Fest :wings:, so if your around/at the event, please stop on by & check it out, or just say HI!!!
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles