2000 Tiger CX ~El Tigre~

dentedvw

Wire twister
$27k or make offer
The amazing El Tigre! It's an aluminum framed camper, super sturdy and comfy to travel in. Not stick and staple like other campers that sway and creak and make you worry it's going to fall apart. It's dirt road and off highway rated. Search for Tiger Motorhome and you'll see how they are loved and cherished and folks who buy them will often buy another and another. They'll gladly talk to you about them and show you theirs. It's like buying into a new friend group.
?

Yes, these are 78k original miles! It sat and waited to be used for years, and now it's ready for your awesome road trips!
5.7L Vortec V8 has plenty of juice to get you around. Wildly reliable and easy to work on no matter where you are.
"It's so old though" Yes, but it's barely been used. Frame rust is surface only and cosmetic.
"Can it be converted to 4x4" Yes, but it's a big job. I wasn't up for that much work and honestly I didn't need it. I traveled in sand, mud, grass, snow and many many forest roads in Utah, Idaho, Nevada etc with no trouble other than in sand. I kept traction boards for that reason. I have not regretted not having 4x4 yet. Will you? Maybe. Your needs may be different from mine.

It's 2wd, not 4x4. I have received a large number of replies stoked to buy my 4x4 tiger. Please read the entire ad.

Located in Bountiful, Utah. Will deliver within reason, with deposit. Will hold with deposit.

Replaced in the last year:
leather front seats
Fridge
Counter
Carpet (camper, not cab)
Hitch reinforcement
Faucets
Mattress
New Tires
Wheels
Mirrors
Android radio
Touch Light switch
LED ceiling lights
Bathroom and main fan
Including a front winch mount, not installed
LED tail lights
LED reverse lights
Painted the cabinets
Electronic side door lock with remotes

It's a great camper, with a few things that could use finishing.
The known bad:
Maple counter needs sealed
Wallpaper needs completed (included).
Bath ceiling needs some finishing, it was leaking before I bought it last year. I replaced the wood and the fan.
No bathroom door, we use a curtain.
Bathroom cabinet is pretty rough. It's unreal that they used MDF for that. I would remove it and build a new one.
Took down the shower parts, since they were leaking and kept falling.
I never tested the water heater. I believe it will need a good cleaning and it will work.
Shortly after installing the new mirrors, the driver's side glass broke. I was on a trip and stuck a replacement mirror glass from a sedan on top. Works fine, looks only OK.
It sat in a humid environment for years, and the foil covering the wood inside shows evidence of that. In a perfect world, you'd replace it all with something beautiful and high end. :)
Let's chat, glad to do a video walkthrough or send additional photos of anything at all.

VIN: 1GCGC24R8YR107380
PXL_20220814_015411092.jpg

PXL_20221119_233736256.jpg
PXL_20221119_233830975.jpg

PXL_20221119_233923293.jpg
PXL_20221112_170546338.jpg
PXL_20221112_170513152.jpg

Last edited:

dentedvw

Wire twister
Ah right, you can find me on FB as Michael Ramsey and send messages there, which I will get much faster if you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles