2001 Pathfinder SE 3.5

Nichxestes

Good! I'm sure that was better in the budget, however unless it was new, I'd have replaced it. ;)

Are you going to add rock sliders? My steps help my kiddos in and out and provide nice steps when getting up to the roof rack. I've never even scraped mine yet. :)
The belt is about 6 months old I think? That's why I was confused when people said it was probably worn.
I'll probably add sliders later on but right now I just want the steps off. Everyone who's gonna be getting in my car right now is big enough to not need them and mine are bent up and almost entirely rusted away. Just doesn't look good.

Nichxestes

Sadly, it's havin' a whole bunch of issues lately. It seems the engine has been missing really badly and it's having a hard time accelerating, so it's sitting out front for now until I can take it into the shop.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Sadly, it's havin' a whole bunch of issues lately. It seems the engine has been missing really badly and it's having a hard time accelerating, so it's sitting out front for now until I can take it into the shop.
All of your vacuum lines in place and no leaks?

Nichxestes

Sadly, I have to say the Pathfinder is gone. It started missing really badly so I took it into the shop. It needed new coil packs, spark plugs, and some other things with the muffler. The cost was too much for it to be worth it to me so I sold it :/

SD_Rider

Jeff
Sadly, I have to say the Pathfinder is gone. It started missing really badly so I took it into the shop. It needed new coil packs, spark plugs, and some other things with the muffler. The cost was too much for it to be worth it to me so I sold it :/

Definitely work you could have done yourself to save some coin. Not sure about the muffler work... I'm looking into a new catback system soon, myself.

...I also have quite a bit more time and moolah invested into my truck. :cool:

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Definitely work you could have done yourself to save some coin. Not sure about the muffler work... I'm looking into a new catback system soon, myself.

...I also have quite a bit more time and moolah invested into my truck. :cool:

Sawsall and a box of good blades are your friend with exhaust work. I did not weld mine up but a 2.25 SS cat back clamped right up, under an hour of work.

Trucks don't last long in the rust belt, I can see where the OP is coming from. Why put money into rust buckets? I did at his age, my winter car the old 240DL motor and transmission purred, nice green diamond tires but it had softball sized holes where the seatbelts bolted to the rear wheel wells. The road spray inside the cab was insane. It was the best car for whipping brodies in the snow, with friend in the rear facing puke seat of coarse, almost more fun than the M5. I got $1000 in scrap for crushing that car before I moved to Alaska, parents said I could only have one parking spot in the barn.

Last edited:

Allof75

Pathfinder
Trucks don't last long in the rust belt, I can see where the OP is coming from. Why put money into rust buckets? I did at his age, my winter car the old 240DL motor and transmission purred, nice green diamond tires but it had softball sized holes where the seatbelts bolted to the rear wheel wells. The road spray inside the cab was insane. It was the best car for whipping brodies in the snow, with friend in the rear facing puke seat of coarse, almost more fun than the M5. I got $1000 in scrap for crushing that car before I moved to Alaska, parents said I could only have one parking spot in the barn.

Two cult classics?! Lucky guy :)

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Two cult classics?! Lucky guy :)

And the Bus too, funny I still have that one.

The 240DLs were dime a dozen in North Central Wisconsin never could figure out why? I think the only dealer was +300 miles away in Madison, Milwaukee or St Paul.

The M5 came from a graymarket import from Germany to Seattle, then to Denver and it lived with a friend who worked as a tech at BMW Dealership for a decade. I was the 3rd owner and it never saw midwest salt. I took it to Alaska with me and just could not beat the car up. Ended up selling it to a collector in Chicago, I delivered it to him (great way to get down and see the family) and buy the Frontier. I had two good road trips on the Alcan in that car and one from Denver. I still check the Beemer forums now and then to see if it is around.

Allof75

Pathfinder
And the Bus too, funny I still have that one.

The 240DLs were dime a dozen in North Central Wisconsin never could figure out why? I think the only dealer was +300 miles away in Madison, Milwaukee or St Paul.

The M5 came from a graymarket import from Germany to Seattle, then to Denver and it lived with a friend who worked as a tech at BMW Dealership for a decade. I was the 3rd owner and it never saw midwest salt. I took it to Alaska with me and just could not beat the car up. Ended up selling it to a collector in Chicago, I delivered it to him (great way to get down and see the family) and buy the Frontier. I had two good road trips on the Alcan in that car and one from Denver. I still check the Beemer forums now and then to see if it is around.

Way cool, there's a channel on YouTube called Petrolicious (sp?) that just had a special on two of them. Excellent cars, and though I'm not usually much of a bimmer man myself, I'd be happy to have one in the garage.

bushnut

Adventurer
to bad the OP sold his Pathfinder. some people don't understand the benefit of owning something rather than making payments. Fixing something you own is always better in the long run. and if you can do it yourself more power to you. making payments for something newer is less trouble and the easy way however it is more costly in the long run.

b00ster

Observer

Sorry to hear that you had to sell the Pathy. I traded in my 2001 R50 about a year and a half ago because I got an amazing deal on a 2011 Xterra Pro-4x. The R50 was a bulletproof truck for me. Not the best platform to start from if you're intent on hardcore off-roading, IMO, but for overland usage it was a great vehicle. It was quite a capable offroader in its stock trim…only performance mods I did to it were suspension (Rancho OEM replacement shocks/struts with stock springs) and tires. Very simple and easy to maintain, which it KEY in any application where you're going to be a long way from assistance.

Anyway, best of luck in finding your next ride! You have come across a great resource in this site. Lots of knowledgeable people on here and minimal ego compared with some other offroading-oriented sites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz