2001 LX 470. 128K $15,500 Nice So Cal truck.

Ruffin' It

Explorer
With the birth of my daughter and my wife no longer working, it is time to cut back on a car payment. As such, I am putting up my 2001 LX 470 with about 128,000 miles on it for sale (I haven't even owned it a year - oh well). It is in nice shape and is the best riding vehicle I have ever been in.

The stuff I've done:
I have changed over the engine oil, transfer case, and both diffs to Mobile One synthetic. I haven't done the trans yet because all the other fluids were so clean when I changed them I couldn't justify it yet. I also packed Mobile One grease into just about everything with a grease fitting. Two exceptionally stout recovery points have been added up front. Spark plugs, fuel filter, and air filter have all been recently done. I replaced both rear suspension accumulators with brand new, genuine Toyota units and I flushed the entire system completely 4 times (I get a little anal about maintenance). The front brakes are fine, but I bought genuine Toyota front rotors and pads when I bought the rear suspension accumulators. They will go with the truck for future use along with the 54mm socket needed to change them. I replaced the driver's door lock actuator motor (really easy) and bought 4 additional actuator motors to be able to replace the actuators in the other doors and tailgate if/when they fail as well (notice a trend with over doing preventative maintenance?). The timing belt was done at 88,000 miles by the PO as indicated by the tag on the engine.

The truck comes with a thick invisible film over the paint on the front of the truck and some very thick, clear protective coating over the lights which have kept chips to a minimum. It also has the Mark Levinson stereo with in-dash 6-disc changer and Toyo AT's that have probably about 75% tread left. Although not pictured, it does come with the original third row seats (and associated rear air conditioning) which are in great condition.

The Bad:
The power mirrors don't adjust via switch. I'm pretty sure it is the switch. Probably fairly cheap through cruiserparts.net.
The power lumbar adjuster for the driver's seat is hit and miss too. Again, I suspect the switch.
There is some cracking on the wood on the steering wheel. Not badly, but it is there. I can't really feel the cracks while holding the wheel, but I have poor sensation in my hands.
There is a hole worn in the carpet behind the driver's seat.
One of the door speakers is torn a bit. It isn't bad and most the time I don't notice it, but once in a while when someone is speaking on the radio, you can tell.
One of the hub covers is missing.
The paint on the plastic piece behind the license plate is sort of flaking a bit (also pictured)
It looks like the PO backed into something with the rear bumper. It isn't terribly noticeable, but if you really look, you can see it is a little tweeked. I took close ups for clarity.
There are a couple light parking lot scars. I will hit them with rubbing compound tomorrow and see if I can get rid of them. They are really superficial.

Other than that, it is a fantastically comfortable, reliable, and capable truck that looks great and drives almost like new. It rides better on dirt roads than my Jeep did on pavement.

I bought it in Beverly Hills so I'm guessing it never went off road before I bought it. I got it (a little optimistically) shortly before my daughter was born in June and have only had a chance to take it on two short, easy trips (Jawbone Canyon and a similar trail in AZ). This thing is a cream puff.

My "new", much less sexy, truck won't be here until January, so I am not going to be ready to actually hand over the keys until then (unless there is some compensation built into the purchase for a rental car), but I thought I'd put it up here before I advertise it to the world at large to try to get it into a home that will use it properly. Please feel free to ask any questions. I will answer them as completely and honestly as I am able.

This truck will not disappoint. I bought it with the intention of never selling it and have treated it accordingly. This is the second "I"ll never sell this" truck I have sold. I need to learn a lesson here I think.

I am deeply bummed. I love this truck, but the little family is more important.

$15,500. I might be able to help with delivery to some places for costs associated. We can talk.

Tyler Winslow
phone: (310) five six two - 2171, e-mail: rtylerwinslow(at)gmail D0T C0M, or shoot me a PM.

Pics: http://s884.photobucket.com/user/rtylerwinslow1/library/?sort=2&page=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles