2001 fuso fg 4x4 manual transmission questions

Tayski

Hello. My fg is an fg639 and I am having a hell of a time finding a replacement transmission. I found on that the gentleman says is for an fg649. What are the differences? I cant rebuild mine as I blew a hole in the case?

Attachments

• Resized_20200109_145216.jpeg
    Resized_20200109_145216.jpeg
    586.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Tayski

Wow. How did that happen? Worst case scenario a competent welder/ machinist could fix that case.
I think the front bearing went and smacked the case. I'm not a mechanic but that's what I think happened. Haven't opened that trans up yet. I'm sure more it trashed in there.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
What are the differences?
Given that you are in Bend, why don't you go and speak with the guys at Earthcruiser?
It is highly unlikely that they would have a box that old, but they may be able to answer your questions and possibly point you in the right direction. Lance has been around Canters for quite some time.

Tayski

Given that you are in Bend, why don't you go and speak with the guys at Earthcruiser?
It is highly unlikely that they would have a box that old, but they may be able to answer your questions and possibly point you in the right direction. Lance has been around Canters for quite some time.
Unfortunately Lance is in Australia and hasn't been able to chat much. He told me to try and chat with Portland fuso. They don't have anything, and then the wild goose chase began.

Tayski

Fuso Portland said parts are available "(they think)" but the way it blew the chunk of metal into pieces I'm not sure how well that can be welded back into place. Almost need a donor case as well as a rebuild

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles