2001 e350 7.3 hoping to get economic 4x4 conversion

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
He doesn't build them, they're sent to Mexico for the conversion. I have one at the shop right now, plan to get under it for a complete inspection soon.

Brad makes excellent points as usual! I always say... Do it nice or do it twice! You know where to find me if it needs to be fixed. :)

Come down to NC and I'll take you for a ride in both. And a Quigley.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
pm steelheadbum. I think he may have tried having 2040javier1 build him a van a while back. Dunno what was the result, but he may be able to give you some feedback.

Deshet

Adventurer
That sounds good. I will pm Chris and try and contact steelheadbum. It makes since that the work is being done in Mexico, cheaper labor. I would think that someone would be bashing him on YouTube or online if he is turning out a lot of crap. I can't find any negative comments about him online and I have really looked.

I know that a Quigley conversion would suit my needs. If his quailty is between Ujoint and Quigley that is ok to me.

Last edited:

SoCalChaos

Observer
pm steelheadbum. I think he may have tried having 2040javier1 build him a van a while back. Dunno what was the result, but he may be able to give you some feedback.

also pm coguzzi.
here's a quote from him.
i would not buy another van from Javier Alverez (the seller), just sayin. long list of things i had to redo on mine and im still not done. spent more time in the shop than on the road

for fair and balanced.
BajaBus seems to enjoy his built by Javier.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/53086-Ford-E350-V10-4x4-Build
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8861

steelheadbum

Adventurer
No I did not have a conversion done by Javier, I did however message him about it with no response. It sounds like to me that you would be better off keeping the 7.3 Excursion, I see no reason why you shouldn't invest the 6k on building it rather than the van. Just sell the van to me and pocket the cash....
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Last edited:

catmandu

Observer
The van is a hobby in and of itself. If you want the 4x4 Van so you have somewhere to sleep when you fish then sell the four wheelers and mini trucks. Or, the recommended route - fix the excursion and use all the time, energy and extra $$$ to tow your boat somewhere so you can fish. You can then tow your toys and use them. Either way your significant other is likely happy because you either A) get rid of one extra big van in your driveway or B) a bunch of small toys.

plumber mike

Adventurer
Wouldn't the excursion have all/most of the parts needed to make the van a 4x?
Wouldn't the van have a pop top/ raised roof that could make the excursion roomier?

It sound like you have enough parts to put something really nice together

all the pieces of the puzzle are there, you just need to decide how to assemble them.

derjack

Adventurer
I agree with someone before: 4k is too tight. Better invest in the excursion or in a locker + correct tires. this means correct fir the conditions you are in, like snow, mud, sand- that's quite important.

in two months the Dakar will start again. the buggy categories are driving with 2 WD also and they are absolute competitive!

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Don't mean to be rude but there is no way you could build this....
dymaba6e.jpg

For 4k!! Just keep excursion, buy a trailer, and be done!! Javier is a joke
" lf things sound to good to be true then beware"
Buck
The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
There is a red 4x4 Sportsmobile Econoline in Va Beach. I have seen it parked at Town Center. And i have seen it moving near Chesopeian. Do not know who owns it or where it lives. I have also seen it early on a weekday morning going towards Town Center at Beach Blvd/Rosemont.
I would like to meet the owner and learn more.

Deshet

Adventurer
The owner of the red Sportsmobile in Virginia Beach must either live at Towncenter, have ownership interest, or have an important job there because he has a reserved indoor parking space. I see the van every week.
I understand that most people don't read the entire posts.
I don't have a need for VAN like the one two posts above.
My needs won't push the ability of even a Panther Conversion.
I am different then most of you but I understand my needs.
If anyone is interested in a clean 2001 7.3 powerstroke E-350 conversion VAN check out my listing

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...arcraft-7-3-Diesel-Powerstroke-conversion-Van

Last edited:

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
I guess my response was too abreviated. My intent was to help by alerting you to this nearby unit where perhaps some ideas could be obtained or a direct conversation with the owner to help in your decision as to which vehicle should be sold. No harm intended, but it appears I was not sufficiently clear.

Last edited:

Deshet

Adventurer
I guess my response was too abreviated. My intent was to help by alerting you to this nearby unit where perhaps some ideas could be obtained or a direct conversation with the owner to help in your decision as to which vehicle should be sold. No harm intended, but it appears I was not sufficiently clear.

Sorry my first two sentences were the only sentences directed at you about the sportsmobile. I tried to add spaces to the different thoughts but they were removed.

The rest of my sentences were directed at the people that keep thinking that I expect my van to be turned into a sportsmobile for $6000. I love the Van but before I put $20,000 into it I would buy a LC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior