2001 Dodge 3500 Xplorer Xcursion 4x4 Cummins 5sp Custom $90k

rawtoxic

Guys, I had not wanted to post this one for sooo long because I was keeping it for myself :) I'll still be excited to hear what y'all think about Tex.

I actually planned to buy 'Tex' before Bob in Liberty Hills, TX gave me a great chance on his 2005 Tiger Chevy Crew Cab (which we just bought so I'm finally done spamming all my finds folks.....) . Blayne (seller) is a mechanic and great seller to work with he has put lots of work and time into rig and it is really one of a kind machine. The 20.5' size unit should be able to get into spots many rigs can't. The offroad and engine mods really make this unit truly one of a kind. I actually like it better than Nitro Gears Xplorer (which is one of my favorite rigs) - I think the small size gives you an advantage over larger Xplorer's.

We didn't buy it for more personal reasons than anything to do with vehicle. My lady worried about driving the stick shift, the hitch may not have been up to our needs (Blayne was willing to work with us to install a class v hitch), and lastly we have some large real estate deals going and a lower cost vehicle was more comfortable at this time.

rawtoxic

I will have to let someone more technically inclined do the pics and details - I just tried. Don't short yourself facebook marketplace if you're looking for a rig though! I have never had a facebook account in my life and I can still search marketplace anonymously. I do think I have to log in my ladies account to send a message but most folks have phone # listed. I will tell you of all the places I searched rigs rvt.com, rvtrader.com, ebay, craiglist that the facebook marketplace searching interface sucks but I did find some great rigs especially some low priced quick sale ones. After countless hours of searching it was actually a response to our wanted ad on the Tiger forum that landed us our rig!

Summit89

Power Made Easy
Spotted this camper in Boulder Colorado a few months back. Too bad Xplorer Campers went out of business because they are extremely well made with aluminum internal framing and fiberglass exterior. Guess the market just wasn't there back when they were making these 4x4 campers. Here's a few pics I took
IMG_3068.jpeg
IMG_3069.jpeg
IMG_3070.jpeg

mesaoverland

Hey all,
First of all thank you for the post! we have been so busy getting shop all setup it has been hard to find time to create an account and reach out to the community about my RV Tex, that is indeed him pictured above and below is a list of some specs and more pictures. more info can be had via messenger on here or our website Mesaoverland.com . He is an incredible vehicle and i have had lots of time in him and deciding what works for people that do enjoy of grid living but also the comforts of a home. it is also nice to be able to pass the slow moving sprinter vans over i70 when you have adventures to get to!!

MECHANICAL-
• Low miles (109K)
• Less than a year old house batteries and vehicle
• New suspension from front to back (everything)
• Long arm conversation
• Synergy progressive lift springs
• Heavy duty adjustable trac bar
• HD redhead steering box
• New wheel bearings
• Rebuilt nv4500
• HD transfer case
• Rear air springs
• 4" turbo back exhaust
• "RV" injectors
• Banks intake system
• Aluminum oversized radiator
• DPS exhaust manifold
• FASS fuel system
• New Upgraded turbo
• Edges juice with attitude(no hot tune, just for efficiency)
• All new fluids
• Valve adjustment
• Probably alot more.... just ask.

CAMPER SPECS

• 4 SEASON INSULATION, VERY WARM!!
• Self sustained for 3 weeks or more
• "Full size" 3 way fridge/freezer
• 400w renogy solar system
• 300ah AGM storage (1 year old)
• 2000w inverter
• Lots of 12v and USB outlets
• 30+ gal fresh water
• Heated Black and grey waste water tanks
• 2 vent fans (one maxxair one fanntastic)
• Led lights and reading lights
• 3 burner stove/oven combo
• Shower
• Hot water heater (propane and heats while driving from engine)
• Toilet
• 2 sinks
• Forced air propane heat (very warm and efficient)
• On board 16gal propane tanks
• Rear bumper with roof box mount (can include a box)
• Front receiver hitch
• Queen size bed and 6'+ "day bed"
• Access to cab/camper without getting out of vehicle
• Large sun awning
• Exterior lighting
• Insane amounts of storage inside and out
• I'm sure I'm forgetting something...just ask.

Attachments

• Notes_210127_094534_f3f.jpg
    Notes_210127_094534_f3f.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 530
  • Notes_210127_094555_423.jpg
    Notes_210127_094555_423.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 535
  • Notes_210127_094557_266.jpg
    Notes_210127_094557_266.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 530
  • Notes_210127_094610_d40.jpg
    Notes_210127_094610_d40.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 511
  • Notes_210127_094616_53e.jpg
    Notes_210127_094616_53e.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 468
  • Notes_210127_094619_c18.jpg
    Notes_210127_094619_c18.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 489
  • Notes_210127_094621_dca.jpg
    Notes_210127_094621_dca.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 477

jlcanterbury

Would you mind measuring the total height of the camper? Any issues navigating trails with the overall height and width?

Machu

Hey all,
First of all thank you for the post! we have been so busy getting shop all setup it has been hard to find time to create an account and reach out to the community about my RV Tex, that is indeed him pictured above and below is a list of some specs and more pictures. more info can be had via messenger on here or our website Mesaoverland.com . He is an incredible vehicle and i have had lots of time in him and deciding what works for people that do enjoy of grid living but also the comforts of a home. it is also nice to be able to pass the slow moving sprinter vans over i70 when you have adventures to get to!!

MECHANICAL-
• Low miles (109K)
• Less than a year old house batteries and vehicle
• New suspension from front to back (everything)
• Long arm conversation
• Synergy progressive lift springs
• Heavy duty adjustable trac bar
• HD redhead steering box
• New wheel bearings
• Rebuilt nv4500
• HD transfer case
• Rear air springs
• 4" turbo back exhaust
• "RV" injectors
• Banks intake system
• Aluminum oversized radiator
• DPS exhaust manifold
• FASS fuel system
• New Upgraded turbo
• Edges juice with attitude(no hot tune, just for efficiency)
• All new fluids
• Valve adjustment
• Probably alot more.... just ask.

CAMPER SPECS

• 4 SEASON INSULATION, VERY WARM!!
• Self sustained for 3 weeks or more
• "Full size" 3 way fridge/freezer
• 400w renogy solar system
• 300ah AGM storage (1 year old)
• 2000w inverter
• Lots of 12v and USB outlets
• 30+ gal fresh water
• Heated Black and grey waste water tanks
• 2 vent fans (one maxxair one fanntastic)
• Led lights and reading lights
• 3 burner stove/oven combo
• Shower
• Hot water heater (propane and heats while driving from engine)
• Toilet
• 2 sinks
• Forced air propane heat (very warm and efficient)
• On board 16gal propane tanks
• Rear bumper with roof box mount (can include a box)
• Front receiver hitch
• Queen size bed and 6'+ "day bed"
• Access to cab/camper without getting out of vehicle
• Large sun awning
• Exterior lighting
• Insane amounts of storage inside and out
• I'm sure I'm forgetting something...just ask.
Hey Mesaoverlander! I saw this and tried to email you through your website but got some strange reply about not being signed up. ..
Anyways I got a build i would like to talk with you about, looks very similar to this one (Isuzu Rodeo RV 4x4)
Hope to hear back from you!

mesaoverland

Would you mind measuring the total height of the camper? Any issues navigating trails with the overall height and width?
Hey! it is just under 11' with the fan. some trails are tight, and some are just not meant for an RV but overall it can get around for a house on wheels. the width hasn't really been that much of an issue anywhere I've gone, but you wouldn't wanna get in a super tight spot for sure.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94