2000 UZJ Toyota Land Cruiser built to drive around the world!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I purchased this truck in November of 2015 after searching for over a month. I was looking for a West Coast Cruiser, in particular a SoCal truck and I found one in Portland, Oregon that spent almost it's entire life in SoCal before being sold at auction and ending up in Oregon. When I purchased the LC it had 124,000 miles on it.

Reason for selling: Myself and the Cruiser are currently in Panama where I have driven the truck over the last four or so months. For me to import the truck here will cost me to much in tax and duties so I am planning to drive the truck back up to the USA for the sale. I built this Cruiser up over six months in preparation for driving it down here to Latin America which I have done. My original plan was to drive this truck to Tierra del Fuego but plans change and to free up some cash to pursue other ventures I am putting the Cruiser up for sale. The truck has done 7,000 miles since I began the trip, from Wyoming to Panama. It has given me zero issues on the road. At this point in time this for sale thread is to gain interest in the truck because obviously it is not in the USA yet and I am not looking for a buyer or deposit until it is. The truck will be in Boise, Idaho around the first week in June. I may be able to deliver it to you in Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming or Idaho as I make my way up to Boise. This is a full disclosure sale, I have been on the forum for a long time and am well known in the LC community. I have built up a lot of trucks over the years including a bunch of Cruisers.

*2000 UZJ100 Land Cruiser: currently 145,300 miles on the truck.*

-4.7L 32 valve v8 with 235hp at 4800rpm's and 320ftlbs of torque at 3400rmp's.

-4spd automatic transmission with high/low transfer case and center locking differential in transfer case.

-Old Man Emu 2.5” suspension lift all around with 8264 heavy duty coil springs in the rear. I have AirLift airbags for the rear but they are not installed yet. Old Man Emu torsion bars up front and Light Racing upper control arms. OME lift $1,284 Light Racing Upper Control Arms = $578 AirLift Airbags = $115

-BFGoodrich KO2's 295/75R16 tires x5, 33” tall tire, about 15,000 miles on them. $1,350

-MetalTech rear lower control arms, much stronger than factory and built for off-roading. $375

-SLEE front differential drop kit to correct from CV axle inclination after lift. $245

-PFran full LED interior light kit. $65

-Baja Designs LEDs lights mounted where the third row seat belts mount for camp lighting at the back of the truck, these are on a switch at the actual light. $140

-SLEE Blueberry front bumper and dual carrier rear bumper and rock step-sliders. Rear bumper has ladder, tire carrier and jerry can carrier. Modified f&r bumpers to fit hammock poles and hang a hammock off the side of the truck (RHS), poles to do this will be included. Front bumper = $1,465 Sliders = $945 rear bumper = $2,825 hammock mods = $500

-SLEE full belly skid plate kit, front and mid are aluminum with rear being steel. $1,155

-Harrop E-lockers front and rear using a factory 80-series Land Cruiser switch for a clean install. Fully lockable electronic differential lockers, 3rd members set up by Valley Hybrids in Stockton, California. $2,800 with switch and wiring

-ARB elevated diff breather kit front & rear. $70

-Front Runner Slimline2 full length roof rack with full sized stainless steel table. Also has propane bottle holder, surf board & kayak racks. Hammock poles also mount to the roof rack using Quickfists. Roof Rack = $1,270 Stainless steel table option = $490 Misc other options = $900

-Front Runner “Cub Pack” drawer system in the back. $1,260

-Tembo Tusk drop down fridge slide with cutting board option. $1,260

-Engel 45L fridge mounted in the back of the truck with insulated cover. $1,065

-Full set of locking wheel nuts from Toyota, x8 with two keys. $145

-Front Runner "sand ladders" mounted to roof rack. $185

-Front Runner BBQ grill mounted to spare tire. $140

-Wheelskin steering wheel wrap, it doesn't look very good now due to color flaking off it but protects the stock steering wheel which is in great shape. $60

-Riged Industries E-Series 14” LED light bar in front bumper with Slee LED bar switch in blank factory slot. LED bar = $550 & switch = $28

-Old Man Emu front lower A-arm reinforcing brackets. $45

-Terrain Tamer slotted and vented disc rotors all around, 7,000 miles on new brakes. $500

-Safari Snorkel with new OEM filter in the air box. $425

-SLEE 2nd battery kit and a National Luna 2nd battery set up as well, dash mounted 2nd battery monitor. 2nd battery kit = $120 & National Luna 2nd battery set up = $400

-RoadShower mounted on roof rack. Solar and air pressurized shower. $300

-Ezi-Awn Manta 270 awning. RHS mount so it is above the hammock. $1,410

-Monstaliner bedliner, pyroclast in color on hood and wheel well arches, I put gray ML stripes on the hood to make it look unique and I think it looks great. $150

-Stereo upgrade: single DIN JVC head unit and an old school FJ60isk Land Cruiser storage bay. Kenwood 5-channel amp, mounted in stock amp location under front passenger seat. Infinity Kappa speakers. JL Audio 6" sub box. USB-iPod port in glove box and a 2nd USB-iPod port on the trans cover. Roughly $1,000

-XS Power Batteries x2, D4900 main battery and D1200 2nd battery, home built main battery tray. The D4900 main battery is for starting and running the winch while D1200 2nd battery runs the fridge and hot-live power ports 24/7. D4900 = $540 & D1200 = $350

-Blue Sea fuse panel mounted in the back RHS lift up cubby. From it I run the fridge and also 24/7 hot power ports, x1 on the trans cover and x2 on either side at the back of the truck. At the back of the truck one port on each side is a cig lighter port and the other is USB. $35 + $125 in wiring + $150 in power ports.

-Warn 9.5XPs winch, synthetic rope, relocated control box to the 2nd battery tray. Winch with synthetic line = $1,720 relocation wiring = $450

-Factor55 fairlead and Flatlink thimble for winch rope. $235

-Escape Gear full canvas seat cover set, tan. $860

-LED headlights, nothing fancy just the bulbs changed out. $80

-WeatherTech floor mats F&R. $220

-Scangauge2 mounted on the dash, right side of instrument cluster. $150

-Pfran LED back up lights. $35

-New windshield
, no chips, cracks or pits. $350

That is the majority of the modifications and additions to the truck. All work I performed myself except setting up the E-lockers in the differential 3rd members and the timing belt + water pump. None of the work is hack or half-arsed, this is about the 15th truck I have built. No expense spared, all parts are top of the line. Build up of the truck performed from June to December of 2016.

Zero rust on this truck anywhere, top or bottom and that also includes the entire chassis. The truck spent it's entire life in Southern California before I purchased it in November of 2015. Tons of recent maintenance and repairs before I left Wyoming four months ago such as;

-new P/S hoses and clamps
-new upper radiator hose and clamps
-new thermostat
-new CV boots and a spare set of CV boots with grease as well with PFran clamps
-spare tie rods
-spare ignition cylinder
-new front wheel bearings, seals, dust guards-caps.
-one spare wheel bearing kit
-spare front brake lines
-starter rebuild kit
-spare non-LED headlights
-spare brake pads
-spare rear cargo area wing window power motor
-spare OEM coil pack and another spare coil pack from NAPA
-The valve cover gaskets have been done as well as the water pump, idler pulley and timing belt at 134,451 miles, sticker is on the engine and work was performed by Toyota in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
-new RHS power mirror assembly.
-new RHS front turn signal light assembly.
-new spark plugs last June.
-new serpentine belt last June.
-One new coil pack last June as well, OEM Toyota.
-New RHS cargo area wing window weather stripping.
-New trans gear shifter knob, black leather and Toyota OEM part.
-New rear wiper arm, arm cap and wiper blade.
-New rear A/C-heater switch on dash.
-New front axle support arm which includes the rubber busing, OEM Toyota part.
-New hood to grill weather stripping, both the forward one and the one behind it.
-New RHS front wheel well inner plastic guard with all new retaining clips as well.
-New power antenna assembly, not cheap(!), currently not hooked up because I didn't want to break it off-roading.
-The RHS front fender has some damage but it is under the snorkel and hard to see. A new fender from Toyota is about $420.
-The truck had an alignment, performed by Toyota in Santa Monica, California in January of this year. *ALL parts are OEM Toyota unless stated otherwise.

I have changed the oil in the truck every 4-5,000 miles since I purchased the truck using only OEM filters and Mobil1 full synthetic engine oil, even since I have been on the road in Latin America. All fluids are new in the last 7-10,000 miles. Diffs, transmission, transfer case, coolant (Toyota red), brake fluid and p/s fluid. I will toss in a jug of Toyota red coolant with the sale as well.

The truck has a clean title, no liens, no issues and ready to go.

The truck is river rock green mica with tan leather. The clear coat on the LHS of the truck is showing it's age, around door handles and below the windows. Few scratches and chips in the paint overall which I have touched up using Toyota OEM touch up paint. The Leather is not trashed at all, I also removed all the wood grain interior trim. The seats are in great condition in the truck under the seat covers but there are a few nicks here and there in the leather interior panels. A/C blows ice cold. No issues with this truck, I just drove it 7,000 miles over the last 4 months down here to Panama so it is tested and ready to rock and roll.

I do not have the third row seats and I do not have the stock roof rack.

The truck had a light fender bender in June of last year, this was not with another vehicle. It was with a ditch and a small (8ft tall) pine tree. The only part I never repaired from this was the RHS fender because the snorkel hides the damage.

Full build thread on the truck can be found on Mud;
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-millennium-mall-crawler.892309/

I am asking $35,000obo. I included the price of the upgrades above so you can see what it cost to build this truck, this is without labor to install any of these items. Research yourself, I have $30,000+ in additions, mods, upgrades and an additional $3-5,000 repairs and spare parts on top of what I paid for the stock Land Cruiser when I bought it. If you were to pay to have all this done to a 100-series it will cost a lot more than $30k. $30,000+ is simply the hard goods. Not often do 100's come up for sale built to this level, this is a rare opportunity to own a fully kitted to the max UZJ100 with fairly low miles.

Please send me a private message or email me at ian at awirrigation dot com for more details or to arrange a phone conversation.

Cheers,
Ian Westmoreland

Last edited:

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
truck9.jpg
camp1.jpg
rock.jpg
truck8.jpg
truck13.JPG
truck23.jpg

Cheers

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Ian good luck with the sale, it is a beautiful truck and I look forward to seeing what your next adventure is going to be.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Recent pictures, few days ago

LC1.jpg
LC2.jpg
LC3.jpg
LC4.jpg

And one from Baja a few months ago.

LC.jpg

All emails and pm's replied to!

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Someone got a great turn key rig. Congrats.

Thanks man! I put a lot into it like all my trucks which should be obvious. It is a turn key and ready to rock and roll, tested even! The buyer has a 100 he was going to build up but now he can skip all that as well as labor costs and just start enjoying a 100 that is built and ready to go.

I am getting ready to take off from here in Panama later this week to make the long drive north. I plan to take 3-4 weeks to get to Boise and enjoy this Cruiser on its last trip with me. So now I have had and sold 60's, 80's and a 100. So what's next!? Here is a hint, 70.....! 😉

And like I say above, the sale of this truck is to pursue other ventures, Land Cruiser related ventures. Otherwise I would never sell it!

Cheers

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Bummer you need to sell it, but it doesn't make sense to spend a bunch of money on nothing (tax and duty) when you can have cash to buy a 70 legally in Panama. Safe trip home!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Bummer you need to sell it, but it doesn't make sense to spend a bunch of money on nothing (tax and duty) when you can have cash to buy a 70 legally in Panama. Safe trip home!

Or even a 105! There is a number of 105's down here in Panama and I saw a very nice one for sale recently. I just can't stop looking at these 78/79 series pickups though. They are simple and plain Jane but with the right overland build they are absolutely killer to the core. I would love a 79 series wagon but that is out of my reach for some time yet, they are down here though. When I get "my truck" I will do a build thread and I doubt it will disappoint!

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
SOLD and gone!

The new owner got one hell of a nice Cruiser and I will miss it.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles