2000 Tacoma Reg Cab

98tcoma3rz

Observer
Love the Tacoma man! I just started a half *** build thread on here. I've been on here a while but have never really shared my truck. Love the regular cabs!
tacoma2_opt.gif
20151216_141335_opt.jpg

98tcoma3rz

Observer
I basically have the same exact truck as you lol. I love your wheels. Can I ask what you paid for them? I need to upgrade to 16" wheels so I can do the tundra brake upgrade. My truck is a turd when it comes to stopping with all the added weight.

WillBeck

Adventurer
For five of them I think it was right around $1200 with shipping and tax. They're done in limited runs. Check out the thread in the wheel and tire section on Tacoma World.

Everyone complains about the brakes, but we have 4 piston calipers, and my truck can lock the brakes up fine. I don't know how much more braking it needs lol

Last edited:

WillBeck

Adventurer
Joshua Tree at my parent's house on Christmas Day.

DSC_0001_zpssmle9xek.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsmjyjg14m.jpg

DSC_0016_zpswcj5p4xs.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsm4wous5m.jpg

DJB1

How much were those Deaver leaf springs, how do they ride and how much lift did you get?

WillBeck

Adventurer
I got mine used, so only paid 450.

They ride amazingly well. Smooth, but not soft/floppy With the Kings, it's something you would have to feel to understand.

Well, they're supposed to lift 1.5", but my truck was about 1.5" less than stock, so the difference to me was close to 3" hahaha

It has a bit of rake to it vs the 1" lift the front has, with 300ish lbs in the bed it should be almost perfectly level. Idea is to have a truck that looks mostly stock, but performs well.

Last edited:

98tcoma3rz

Observer
For five of them I think it was right around $1200 with shipping and tax. They're done in limited runs. Check out the thread in the wheel and tire section on Tacoma World.

Everyone complains about the brakes, but we have 4 piston calipers, and my truck can lock the brakes up fine. I don't know how much more braking it needs lol

Really like those rims but that's a little pricey for me. It used to stop fine...until I added front and rear bumpers, winch, 3 piece 3/16" skid combo, swing out tire carrier, 32" tires and a fiberglass cap lol. Definitely does not stop like it used to.

WillBeck

Adventurer
I saw them as low as $125/wheel. I think it depends on where in the run, and if there are any surplus. They also sell the blems for a smoking deal.

rickashay

Explorer
Great looking Tacoma. Love the simplicity of this build and all the high quality parts going into it. Subscribed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles