2000 Tacoma Reg Cab

seanpistol

Explorer
Nice build! I like the matte grey F5s...

Ride height adjustments are definitely a PITA with the coilovers assembled. I loosen the lock screw, and use a spanner wrench with a cheater bar on it and sweat plenty.

If you're going to add a front bumper/winch, I have a set of 13" 650 lb Camburg/Eibach coils I'd let go for cheap. They're bright red. America. :)

J

JWP58

I got tired of downshifting to 3rd in my 4cyl regular cab Tacoma going up mountain passes. Loved them other than the complete lack of power at hwy speed.

You pickup is shaping up to be really sweet. Already got the stance down.

WillBeck

Adventurer
I only adjust them with the truck up on jack stands, takes a lot of the work out of changing ride height, but look at getting the spanner wrench from King if your coilovers can take it. Makes adjustment a breeze!

Nice build! I like the matte grey F5s...

Ride height adjustments are definitely a PITA with the coilovers assembled. I loosen the lock screw, and use a spanner wrench with a cheater bar on it and sweat plenty.

If you're going to add a front bumper/winch, I have a set of 13" 650 lb Camburg/Eibach coils I'd let go for cheap. They're bright red. America. :)

WillBeck

Adventurer
I got tired of downshifting to 3rd in my 4cyl regular cab Tacoma going up mountain passes. Loved them other than the complete lack of power at hwy speed.

You pickup is shaping up to be really sweet. Already got the stance down.
One mod on the list, although not high on that list, is a supercharger. Even on the low boost kit with no intercooler, it brings power up to stock V6 levels, which should be fine for my light little truck.

WillBeck

Adventurer
So a few goodies were delivered today....

This little beauty is getting flush mounted into my tailgate. Aux backup light, and dust light for off road.
DSC_0001_zpsva21azpm.jpg

WillBeck

Adventurer
Spent the past weekend in Big Bear with some wheeling friends. Did Gold Mountain Trail, and Heartbreak Ridge / Pontiac Sluice. The Tacoma did an awesome job. Great wheelbase, and plenty of power, grip, and ground clearance. I'll post some pictures;

DSC_0013_zpsfq5t44lv.jpg

DSC_0034_zpskh14tpsy.jpg

DSC_0066_zpsoa6rajos.jpg

DSC_0067_zpsrvzqfxqf.jpg

DSC_0068_zpsg2gpyp6a.jpg

DSC_0075_zps8dg93hsa.jpg

DSC_0116_zpsjsm1ofgy.jpg

DSC_0159_zpslbhiwimr.jpg

DSC_0209_zps2yca7gof.jpg

WillBeck

Adventurer
Found a Lexus stuck down one of the trails... How they even got that far i don't know, but they were only 200 yds from pavement when they got stuck. Had to help them out...

DSC_0376_zpsivqmavjg.jpg

WillBeck

Adventurer
And the most important part of any trip... Heckling the straight axle guy with a locker when he just walks right up a major obstacle...

DSC_0184_zpsuuoctejt.jpg

WillBeck

Adventurer
Rear shock hoop from Solo Motorsports. Going to try and find a good fab shop familiar with off road suspension to help me install this and cycle the rear end to make sure it all works together nicely.

DSC_0001_zpsabkzvaxv.jpg

AggroCrag

Meat Popsicle
Your truck makes me miss mine! I also had a '00 Single cab. Great little trucks.
I also see the Corps sticker on the tailgate. When were you at Bragg?

2scars

Adventurer
Oh interesting, may have to look into that. 4:30's would be a really nice compromise vs going to 4:56 or 4:88's.

Also got ahold of Solo Motorsports this morning. Ordered the rear shock hoop, and they're thinking it should be ready for pickup by next week sometime. Got my tracking number from Downsouth Motorsports for my rear King shocks. Really excited to wrap up the rear suspension.

For anyone curious, this is the rear shock setup that i'm getting from Solo;

DSC_0029-300x201.jpg
DSC_0025-300x201.jpg

Also if you can get your hands on one, the Limited 4runners with the locker came with 4.30s. Food for thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online