2000 Suburban K1500 budget low lift with 37"s

mekcanix

Camper
Man some folks get the testies in a knot when folks don't build stuff how they think it should be. I experienced the same thing when I built up a Bronco II and I loved the truck.

Anywho I am stayin tuned for your Shenanigans Drei keep it up

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Man some folks get the testies in a knot when folks don't build stuff how they think it should be. I experienced the same thing when I built up a Bronco II and I loved the truck.

Anywho I am stayin tuned for your Shenanigans Drei keep it up

mekcanix,

Yeah, I hear you, unless someone else has built it, tested it, marketed it and mass produced it so it's a direct bolt on with instructions a 10 year old can follow there seems to be a lot of resistance to accept new ideas.

It's funny, I don't post on Pirate4x4 because if all the negativity. ExPo has been phenomenal, couple negative Nancies but overall it's been fun, supportive and highly enjoyable building the Sub and exploring the Southwest in it.

I figured that a Jeep specific forum would actually be supportive of the one and only vehicle that everyone in the the forum has.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

Smileyshaun

Observer
It is always a joy seeing the “internet experts “ have a meltdown when you do something they say is impossible, I put 35s on my xterra with only 1.5” of lift and some trimming and I was told by everybody that I was going to tear everything up as soon as I went off road and I would need 6” of lift and a titan swap ect ect . I almost want to be a bit of a troll and join that liberty forum just to keep track of the madness

Smileyshaun

Observer
One think yo be careful on the liberties is the upper control arm and upper part of the knuckle seem to be made of glass . Buddy had one back in the day and broke a few of them before he just got tired of it and did a sas swap with parts from a wrecked xj, he actually made money on the swap selling off the old lift parts lol .

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
One think yo be careful on the liberties is the upper control arm and upper part of the knuckle seem to be made of glass . Buddy had one back in the day and broke a few of them before he just got tired of it and did a sas swap with parts from a wrecked xj, he actually made money on the swap selling off the old lift parts lol .

Smileyshaun,

I read about that weakness in the Liberty. I have some gremlins making noise in the front right corner, will find them and figure out what I want to do when I install the 2" spacers front and rear. Looks like it will be sooner than later, I am tired of getting stuck every time I take that Liberty off the pavement and have to rescue it with my Sub.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
When I am not pulling a Jeep Liberty out I like to go for long drives on dirt roads.

27EOThm.jpg

Yes to an untrained eye this may not look like a road but in Maryland we call it a maintained dirt road with a few puddles here and there. It only got to 20" deep.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
So I'm aimlessly driving around the beach in Assateague Island looking for the wild Assateague horses and spot a big chunk of wood in the surf.

fr8gDzX.jpg

Looks like a piece of a ship.

tZOCb55.jpg

Very old ship!

05J3lDM.jpg

Wood pieces are held together with pegs or dowels.

vr7Vbp1.jpg

It looks like a side or a hull of a ship.

EJ8cSJJ.jpg

Nails look hand made with square tops, they are oxidized green so most likely copper or brass.

Ranger station was closed when I left the park and did not get a chance to find out more about this ship debris. Could be a piece of a ship that brought the horses to Assateague in the first place 200 years ago.

Anyway if anyone knows anything about ships or can tell me more about it, date it or anything else, please chime in.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Hi Drei
Graveyard of the Atlantic is always coughing up her secrets. Very likely 18th century ship remains, could be a local wreck, could be something that has been traveling the currents over the decades. There are complete keels that show up on the Outer Banks of NC on a regular basis, buried in the sands of the beaches. As the sands ebb and flow, they reveal themselves and then hide again. It is really neat getting to touch a piece of history that is perhaps over 100 years old or older when these things show up. Do an image search for " Mid Atlantic Shipwrecks" and check out the charts for the MD / DE / VA region, there are an incredible number of wrecks. Have fun down on the Eastern Shore.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
That sure looks like a piece of history. Can it be safely recovered/preserved?

WRONG_WAY_DAVE,

I told my kids that it was a part of a pirate ship, they got really exited about it. I also emailed National Park Service about it. Apparently they are aware of this chunk of history. According to them, park service photographs all these washed up pieces in high res every time they appear or wash up and mark the GPS location. This one has been around for many years and appears and disappears with tides and sand. They also do not know what vessel it came from.

Sounds like they keep track of these pieces to see if they decay from corrosion or vandalism.

DkxI7FQ.jpg

On a more serious note, apparently this is how private property is marked in Maryland.

RPhil

Adventurer
When I am not pulling a Jeep Liberty out I like to go for long drives on dirt roads.

...image snipped...

Yes to an untrained eye this may not look like a road but in Maryland we call it a maintained dirt road with a few puddles here and there. It only got to 20" deep.

Where did you take this photo (if you don't mind sharing)? I am from Maryland and am always looking for new places to explore. I have also been to Assateague numerous times. Greenridge Forest is our go-to for camping.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Where did you take this photo (if you don't mind sharing)? I am from Maryland and am always looking for new places to explore. I have also been to Assateague numerous times. Greenridge Forest is our go-to for camping.

RPhil,

Didn't think anyone would ask. Hunting Quarter Road, Poolesville MD. McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Got some tractor tires for my Jeep. Mounted one of them just to see if it is even remotely possible to put a 33" tractor tire of a Jeep Liberty...

QEyRWGb.jpg

The answer is YES it is!

dERFNyh.jpg

Other 3 will be mounted and bolted up this week. And this also got me thinking about getting another set of tractor tires in the 37-40" range as a second set for my Sub.

I know I will not be able to drive on the street or highway on them but there are plenty of trails I can destroy with tractor tires and my Sub in every sense of the word.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles