2000 Suburban K1500 budget low lift with 37"s

60beforetruck

heh. I've had a 102" whip on my Amazon wish list since Oct 2016, as well as a tip clip retainer so I could bend it forward and pin it to my roof rack. Just never got to it yet
never got the mobile ham radio or my tech license yet, although I have been farting around with cheap handhelds.

One of the other things I want to add is a ceiling rack setup for fishing poles and that long antenna.
If I wind up buying a 4'x8'x1/2" black HDPE sheet to re-make my roof deck I'll have plenty of material to mill a real nice ceiling rack from. Have a few doodles laying around, was thinking about doing it in hardwood to match the rear drawers. I tighter trimmer version of this -

51LYsWWgRIL._SX300_.jpg
Love mine.

Attachments

• 20200107_181000_resize_7.jpg
    20200107_181000_resize_7.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62

rayra

Expedition Leader
Love mine.
That's very similar to what I have in mind. I want to tuck it the frames hard up against the headliner so the front ends are as close to the headliner as possible.
I was thinking to remove the coathangers and incorporate a hook into that part of the frames and use the coathanger mountings directly. Thanks for the reply / pic

fnjeep314

Observer
Hey I have been watching your build for a long time! I remember when it started.

Can I ask you to post a pic or a few in this thread about just Suburbans and Tahoes?

Looking forward to more progress of your awesome build!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Not seen much from you over here hope all is well on the home front.

dirtdobberoffroad,

Haven't been around here but definitely around. New England weather is highly bipolar right now. Get snow one day and 60 degrees and sunny next. Been tackling a lot of yard work that needed to be done before spring officially gets here and everything turns green and I will not be able to touch it until late fall.

I'll get back to the Avaburb soon, have a couple fun ideas for it.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Hey I have been watching your build for a long time! I remember when it started.

Can I ask you to post a pic or a few in this thread about just Suburbans and Tahoes?

Looking forward to more progress of your awesome build!

fnjeep314,

Thank you very much for following this crazy build and our adventures. I posted a few pics for you, enjoy.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
New England has some beautiful weather this time of year.

One day its 60 degrees and sunny, next day its snowing and the next day its 60 and sunny again. With that said I have not had too much time to play with the AvaSub, but focused on lots and lots of yard work. While cleaning my workshop I stumbled onto the some Avi cladding that I removed and just had to see how it would look on the AvaSub.

ZjSDwwn.jpg

I took the rear quarter panel and mocked it up as best I could where it would possibly sit on the AvaSub.

IkeXok5.jpg

Well, it looks really good, kinda like it belongs there, so it looks like I'll be figuring out how to attach it to the AvaSub without cutting out old and still rust free rear quarter panels and attaching these. Cladding already has a cutout for fuel door, I will have to figure out how to cut out my onboard air access and tail light clearance.

PM6o9mZ.jpg

I also mocked up the Avi tailgate.

51hJRl7.jpg

Thinking of a taligate and lift glass combo for the rear.

e3i86Bf.jpg

Avi tailgate is way too tall and will greatly decrease my rear visibility. So that will be a no go. I did peel off grey Avi cladding trim piece off the tailgate to transfer onto the AvaSub.

D

Deleted member 374434BT

Wonder if Escalade rear arch trim and bumper cover would line up? You could always give it a texture coating.

Overlandtowater

Wonder if Escalade rear arch trim and bumper cover would line up? You could always give it a texture coating.
I checked that out on a same year model escalade.... the trim around the rear glass is a direct swap, I was assuming the 3rd brake light was too...I was wrong you have to get the whole glass portion. I do really like the 3rd brake light on the escalade better. Tail lights are a no go also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94