2000 Suburban K1500 budget low lift with 37"s

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
I'm impressed with how far you're able to push the GM 1/2 ton IFS, I've scattered several of those front diffs with stock size tires!

nitro_rat,

I think the 37" tires at 15-18psi is the only reason why my IFS is still functioning. 8" of usable sidewall doubles the wimpy 8" of factory suspension travel and sucks up all the little bumps allowing the suspension to work less hard. I also pretensioned the bushings at near full droop, which is a no no but seems to be working well for me.

paroxysym

Adventurer
just read through all 73 pages and great build- you almost lost me with that raptor bumper swap and the land cruiser labelled snorkel. still not a fan, but i get functionality over form. i still think the avi bumper would give the sub a more complete look- but to each their own. loved the OEM styling you had going on

looking forward to seeing where you take the big girl on the east coast, hard pressed to find anything to accommodate that wheelbase but im looking forward to seeing where you take it

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
just read through all 73 pages and great build- you almost lost me with that raptor bumper swap and the land cruiser labelled snorkel. still not a fan, but i get functionality over form. i still think the avi bumper would give the sub a more complete look- but to each their own. loved the OEM styling you had going on

looking forward to seeing where you take the big girl on the east coast, hard pressed to find anything to accommodate that wheelbase but im looking forward to seeing where you take it

paroxysym,

Thank you very much for taking the time and reading through the entertaining build and adventures. I was also bummed that the blank snorkel arrived with Land Cruiser markings, but for the price I could not complain. I'm out of the desert and the snorkel is off so far, might go back on eventually.

As far as the Raptor bumper goes. I really really like it. I knew I was going to get some heat for running it from the GM community but it fits so good and looks so good that it makes me smile every time.

Yeah, east coast is more compact than west coast. Hit some narrow trails this summer and it was a very tight squeeze. Have more adventures planned for this spring and summer.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

Overlandtowater

paroxysym,

Thank you very much for taking the time and reading through the entertaining build and adventures. I was also bummed that the blank snorkel arrived with Land Cruiser markings, but for the price I could not complain. I'm out of the desert and the snorkel is off so far, might go back on eventually.

As far as the Raptor bumper goes. I really really like it. I knew I was going to get some heat for running it from the GM community but it fits so good and looks so good that it makes me smile every time.

Yeah, east coast is more compact than west coast. Hit some narrow trails this summer and it was a very tight squeeze. Have more adventures planned for this spring and summer.

Fits and looks better with the Avi fenders!

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
I have been looking at unclad Avalanches and I think they use regular cat eye truck fenders and grill. Won't work with your setup and doesn't look as good anyway!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
4 wheel drive type?

I have seen many different AWD and 4x4 configurations in many GMT800 SUVs. However this is a first for me.

2TgC0Wk.jpg

Has anyone else seen this button configuration? It's a 5.3 motor. Non selectable permanently engaged front diff and a selectable 4hi and 4lo transfer case? I am also guessing that the top button turns off traction control or is it StabiliTrak?

4 wheel drive type?

I have seen many different AWD and 4x4 configurations in many GMT800 SUVs. However this is a first for me.

2TgC0Wk.jpg

Has anyone else seen this button configuration? It's a 5.3 motor. Non selectable permanently engaged front diff and a selectable 4hi and 4lo transfer case? I am also guessing that the top button turns off traction control or is it StabiliTrak?

I believe that was Stabilitrack, a full time 4WD/pseudo AWD system that was offered on the Tahoe, Suburban, and non-Denali Yukon/XL 1500 models. Availability on 1500 pickups is spotty. Yes, this is different than the Stabilitrak traction control system. It was not carried over to the GMT-900 models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Is that from the Avi? Does that have the Borg warner t-case like in the H2's?

dirtdobberoffroad,

Unfortunately it's not from the Avi, which has the regular NP8. This one is from my newest parts truck that I accidentally picked up yesterday.

I4UK8HK.jpg

2004 Tahoe. Runs, drives, no check engine codes, flowmaster exhaust which sounds fantastic, clear title and did I mention it drives very well.

MfscsAC.jpg

Tan leather power seats with HEAT!!! Correct trim package that came with my Sub in the first place before a previous owner put the grey seats in.

xsCrewe.jpg

And this little gem under the hood. Hydroboost. I've been extremely happy with my vacuum assist but secretly deep down inside I always wanted to upgrade to hydroboost but could not find an inexpensive way to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles