2000 Suburban K1500 budget low lift with 37"s

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Finally found a class 6 road in New Hampshire.

ejneCM9.jpg

This one was very uneventful and very well maintained by the locals.

Finally got a hold of a pretty extensive list of class 6 roads in New Hampshire, will start exploring soon.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Maine is awesome! I've always been intrigued by the north woods for some reason.

dirtdobberoffroad,

Maine is awesome. North woods have that weird draw to them, can't describe it. All I know is that I drove for 4 hours, paid $22 to drive on their very well maintained gravel roads, hiked to a couple abandoned locomotives and weirdly enough I am hooked, can not wait to get back and planing my next trip out there as I type this.

Um.....what a tease....

Out west, if there are fun and exciting roads or off-road trails to be driven, everyone talks about them, and friends, groups and off-road clubs meet up and hit the trails. Out here it's so weird. You can go alone but no one will tell you where the roads or trails are, will not give you any tips for equipment or routes and will only go with you if you pay them to "guide" you. Took me several months to find an updated list of statewide class 6 roads even though they are officially published by each town or municipality every year.

On top of that, some locals put up private property signs on public roads to keep public from enjoying it and complain when the public drives on illegally signed public roads. It's a culture of distrust and privatization like I have never seen anywhere else before.

6gun

On top of that, some locals put up private property signs on public roads to keep public from enjoying it and complain when the public drives on illegally signed public roads. It's a culture of distrust and privatization like I have never seen anywhere else before.

Welcome to the East coast! Crap like this is why I am looking at heading West!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Video: Suburban gardening

Clearing some brush, branches and trees in the back yard, don't have a tractor yet but my Sub is the next best thing. Found a little 60+ ft pine that was in the way, hooked up the rope as a joke to see if it would even move, and move it did.

Enjoy!

First 60 seconds are just me trying to dislodge it where it got stuck between two other trees, at 60sec I actually start puling it. I also had a little 200# branch on the roof rack.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Found a RipSaw

Just about every trail I have ever done I imagined what it would be like to run it in the RipSaw. Now that i am in Maine, I just realized that Howe & Howe Technologies are right around the corner from me and I drive past them just about every day. This time the kids were sleeping on the way back home so i took a minute to snap a couple pictures.

t0ALMio.jpg

They claim 24" of ground clearance, but it looks under 18"

o1yr8uA.jpg

This thing looks ridiculously amazing.

8gZDBAi.jpg

That looks like twin jet pumps, does it mean it's amphibious and can jetski on water?

RYsvyBP.jpg

Can only imagine what it's like to drive this thing.

ON4hDEC.jpg

Can't wait to see what other little gems like this I find in New England.

WidgeonmanGH

That is the Riptide. They are evidently going to make a manned and unmanned version. Would make a pretty sick drone for beach assaults.

WidgeonmanGH

Has DOD ever even bought any of these or is it just the Discovery channel? lol

Don't think I have ever seen one in a deployed situation.

By the way I have a 97 Chevy Suburban that I am transforming into an overlander vehicle. The work you have don on your Suburban and how you have shown it on here is inspirational. Keep up the great work!

Loving working thru your build and trip reports - great that you are getting your family out there to enjoy the great outdoors.

I have a question for you on your Chalet trailer - what is your sleeping arrangement for all 5 of you? Starting to look at alternatives to our ground tent sleeping 5 ( my wife and I, and 3 kids 5 and under)

Keep the the adventures and build going!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Found this little gem at the beach!

t9A00Ci.jpg

1990s Mitsubishi Delica

JUi3G4v.jpg

Cool little 4x4 van that shares all of it's parts with common US Mitsu models and if you do you homework and crossmatch the parts you can get everything at the dealer or AutoZone.

dCY52eG.jpg

Delicas are now being imported because they are over 25 years old and don't need any special DOT modifications unlike newer cars, as far as I know.

uVRtOqo.jpg

Equipped with the ULTIMATE MILLENIAL ANITHEFT DEVICE: not only is it a manual but its also a right hand drive.

Kinda a cool looking little van.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Loving working thru your build and trip reports - great that you are getting your family out there to enjoy the great outdoors.

I have a question for you on your Chalet trailer - what is your sleeping arrangement for all 5 of you? Starting to look at alternatives to our ground tent sleeping 5 ( my wife and I, and 3 kids 5 and under)

Keep the the adventures and build going!

Kneeboarder1025,

I just saw your post. I will get you some pictures of the setup the next time I pull the pop-up out of the garage.

But my wife and I were on the larger bed, two toddlers were on the smaller bed with a plastic bin divider and the infant was in a Summer Infant by your side sleeper bassinet on the sink/counter.

If you get the next size up hard sided pop up, you can put all the kids perpendicular on the big bed with dividers and have plenty of room for you and your wife on the other bed, which would also fold up to be a table that seats 4 comfortably.

Ivan

Lost in Space
Maybe I missed it:

Are you still using the coilover swap set up, or torsion bars? And is the mid travel set up still in the planning stages?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles