2000 Suburban K1500 budget low lift with 37"s

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Got the camper out for some spring cleaning.

0VbsKFs.jpg

The more I drive my wife's 2500 the more I like my trusty ole 2000 Sub. Just look at that approach angle and ground clearance, front bumper is solid 2ft higher than a 2500.

kXv3BlT.jpg

Once again I can not find the correct hitch to make the trailer sit level so I have to use the one that's on the truck.

A little bit of cleaning and we should be ready for an adventure soon.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

bbigjohn

Man i love your setup. Best burn out there I have seen. I am looking at a 2000 suburban with an sas done by 4wheel parts. If I get my check soon. I am pulling the trigger.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Have you been out in a camper before? The kids will love it! I know mine do... Enjoy!

Todd n Natalie,

The kids love the little tee-pee trailer. We go camping pretty often and they can not get enough. We also use it pretty regularly in the summer when we go to the lake so we have an air conditioned hideout. Going to use it a lot more this summer.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Todd n Natalie,

The kids love the little tee-pee trailer. We go camping pretty often and they can not get enough. We also use it pretty regularly in the summer when we go to the lake so we have an air conditioned hideout. Going to use it a lot more this summer.

That's great! Have fun!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Have you done an update on the tires Crazy? I see they are getting some wear, how many miles and do you still fill the same about them?

dirtdobberoffroad,

I have not done an update on the tires. I will do a more thorough write up with pictures in the next week or two. But in short: I absolutely love them and this will be the last tire that goes on this truck for the rest of it's life. 25k miles later and lots and lots of abuse the tread is getting down to requiring replacement, but I will wait it out until the fall to do that.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Man i love your setup. Best burn out there I have seen. I am looking at a 2000 suburban with an sas done by 4wheel parts. If I get my check soon. I am pulling the trigger.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bbigjohn,

You are right, it is quite a burn, and I enjoyed every second of it. Still go back to the early days of this thread for a good chuckle. Sure do miss all the confident naysayers from two years ago.

I can't wait until you get your 2000 Suburban with an SAS, it will make the ride rougher but look hella cool. I would also look into (custom of course) longer rear control arms. I bet that if you extend the factory 4-link parts you will be able to conquer some serious trails and turn those Jeep heads even farther than I do.

Look forward to your adventures with the SAS.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
VIDEO: Suburban in a 26ft rental truck, off-load

I have been very busy last few weeks moving my whole family and all our junk across the country and unfortunately financially it came out to be a better decision to load my trusty ole Sub into a moving truck along with 4,000lbs of stuff and a full trailer and move it 3,000 miles than to drive everything separately.

8JxDTqG.jpg

I did have to take the ski box off to fit the Sub into the box truck.

9sUsAxL.jpg

This is what 25,600lbs looks like which is just within my Class C non CDL limit.

I used a loading dock to drive the truck into the box but did not have one available in my new yard, so couple cinder blocks, canoe straps and 2x4s, the Sub came out like a champ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94