2000 Series 100 purchase decision...help

TheBandit33

Looking at a fairly clean southern states (minimal rust) 2000 LC. I know the ownership history back to new and it comes with extensive maintenance records BUT it has 300k+ miles.

Most of the big ticket items have been addressed (water pump / maintenance fluids at rec intervals / timing belt)....but original transmission.

It is stock now....will be a hunt rig / weekend toy.

Would probably torsion level with 33s and new front bumper to start......what would be a decent value on this rig?

I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of price variation due to market, so in your area what is a good price for a rust free rig is going to be less than a rust free rig in NY or MA. My LX470 (fancy land cruiser) came in around $10k in the Denver area with 232000 miles and lifetime dealer service records. I’ve seen better prices for similar, and worse. I have invested a fair amount since making my own. Got a ways to go yet.

9A07202F-7902-4760-8808-90899C58F177.jpeg

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
I know KBB (FWIW) on my 2000 LC with 450K on it was still over 4K, last year.

The LCs are going up I believe,

I’m second owner though.

If the A/C has had a compressor and evaporator replaced that helps. I’m sure it’s had a steering rack by now, unless all highway miles.

Starter been replaced yet?
That starter is labor heavy as the intake needs to be R&R.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
What are they asking for it?
Might be a decent deal.

I’d start at KBB and NADA private party values and start deducting for obvious repairs and “baseline” needs.

Don’t forgot to ask about the sunroof working, that seems to be a hit or miss. And ask about the seat heaters.

Check A/C for obvious smells, be sure and run it enough to physically see the drain work.

Be sure and try out the CDL, and be sure it engages and such as it should with no extra lights on the dash.

It’s fun shopping but even more fun once you own it and you have to dive in! Hahaha

Weeds

Adventurer
I know KBB (FWIW) on my 2000 LC with 450K on it was still over 4K, last year.

The LCs are going up I believe,

I’m second owner though.

If the A/C has had a compressor and evaporator replaced that helps. I’m sure it’s had a steering rack by now, unless all highway miles.

Starter been replaced yet?
That starter is labor heavy as the intake needs to be R&R.

The starter replacement is easy compared to replacing cracked exhaust manifolds with new headers. Removing old exhaust studs is real work.
My son's 2001 is over 250,000 miles and running strong.

87Warrior

GP'er
If there is a complete maintenance history I wouldn't worry much about the Cruiser being right for you. You need to expect to start changing suspension bushings and ball joints at that age.

I just turned 321k miles on my 99 and started to refresh the transmission fluid via the drain/fill fluid swap process. The fluid coming out is still bright red and smells like the new fluid I am putting in. The fluid was last changed at 231k miles via exchange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles