2000 Land Cruiser

Nick_Will

In the market for a new vehicle and I've been searching through Sequoia listings and stumbled upon a 2000 Land Cruiser. Sitting at 386,000 miles, what should I expect looking at a vehicle like this? That's a lot of miles, so I'm curious what I should keep in mind when checking it out in person! Thanks!

v_man

Explorer
Do you have maintenance records? How much rust? What's the asking price? I'd expect to drop a few thousand to baseline it, fluids, spark plugs, air filter, etc. You might want to check for CV leaks or rack and pinion steering leaks, oil leaks, transmission fluid leaks, rear main seal leak.

Here's a thread that details high mileage 100's. 386,000 miles is a lot but not unheard of.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/post-your-high-mileage-100-series.270848/

Pangle

Wanderer
I literally just bought a 2000 LC with 375k for 3k two months ago. So far so good. The engine and trans run like new but there are some issues. My AC compressor clutch took a crap, and all the lights on the dash came on which is common and prob a wheel speed sensor. Otherwise if you got in it and didnt know how many miles it had you would think it had 150. I just bought it for a third kinda beat around vehicle and they are just incredible vehicles. Mine came with EXTENSIVE maintenance records so a ton of stuff has been done already and timing belt changes on time which is important. I would say if it has decent maintenance records and drives well, you can really go wrong.

Nick_Will

I am checking on all the information, such as maintenance records.

I haven't seen it in person yet as it's an hour away, but he's asking $4995 for it. They took it down for the time being, I guess they decided to get it detailed or something before selling. And I was mistaken, it has 368,000 miles, not 386,000; still a lot of miles!

Thanks for you responses, guys!

blowery

What are you looking to do with this rig?
Large build lift/tires/locker/sliders/bumper, etc for long trips into the backcountry? Daily drive it into the ground?

368,000 is a lot of miles. Maintenance records would probably sway me one way or the other if I was looking for a 100 series. A lot of other things get worn out in 368,000 as well. If compression is good and you have a good maintenance history, I see no reason it couldn't go longer. If you don't really have any maintenance history timing belt etc...you could be looking at a few thousands getting it up to speed, and at that point, you'd be better off buying a lower mileage better maintained one.

Nick_Will

Essentially just a daily driver that will pull a small river skiff and kayak trailer at different times. It will pretty much be a hunting, fishing, and camping vehicle along with going back and forth to work. No major overland trips planned for it, but I would hope to build a drawer system in the back. I was originally looking for a good Toyota Sequoia and stumbled across this, so I wanted to check with the experts!

4runnerteq

Explorer
Not to make a sales pitch, but, we have an 05 with 440k. It was traded in a few years back by the original owner who did every service like clockwork. The dealer owners son started driving and has had it since. He recently upgraded to a new one. If it needed anything we did it. Has had all maintenance and recently a new evaporator core & condenser. I think its $9500. You can see every bit of history on it all the way back to the PDI. If I had the budget it would be mine. Has new factory exhaust also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94