2000 Jeep XJ Newly RUST FREE 100% clean w/140k great engine and transmission (Motivated Seller)

thecoldtexan

She is currently at a body shop getting all rust either sanded or cut and filled, then primed and painted. My body shop guy will also be painting the entire top and underside of the hood where there was some hot watermarks from a radiator hose blowing as well as wet sanding and buffing out all surface paint scratches. Needless to say, she is going to be one pretty girl here in a few days. Text me for pictures.
Up for sale is my beloved 2000 XJ, Jenny. I bought her from a buddy in Dallas, TX about a year ago with the intention of turning her into the ultimate adventure car to accompany me in the mountains of Colorado. I have put over $7000 into her already with endless plans for the future, but, sadly, I am moving back to Texas and realizing that on my small college kid budget, I need to find something more reliable, that I can drive cross country reliably. Needless to say, Jenny has a flawless engine, tranny and transfer case and shifts better than most of my friend’s new cars. She has taken me all over the Rockies the past couple months and has performed wonderfully in rock, mud, sand, snow, and pavement. All major work done has been with 4 wheel parts Dallas and All Seasons 4x4, Broomfield, CO. I have all receipts. Now let’s dive into the details.
140k miles (will rise slowly)
3.5in rough country lift
5 33in BF Goodrich KO2s (about ⅔ life left)
Rugged Ridge Steering Assembly w/ lateral stabilization rod. (Oct 2, 2019 w/ All-Season’s)
Full disc brake job (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
Upgraded Aluminum radiator with a dual fan system
All ball joints (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
Smittybuilt XRC Gen2 9.5k winch (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
TerraFlex adjustable front track bar (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
Sway bar disconnects (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
Bilstein 5100 shocks (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
Heavy-duty lower control arms
Two Pro Comp pod lights on the front bumper
SmittyBuilt XRC back bumper w/ tire carrier
Not sure abt Front
Super Bright Amazon DOT approved headlights
Oil and Filter change (Sep 6, 2019 All Season’s)
OEM power steering hose ( Sep 6, 2019 All Season’s)
Front U-Joint (Sep 6, 2019 All Season’s)
Heater Core Replaced ( Nov 21, 2019 Intermountain Muffler)
Auxiliary Fan replaced ( June 2019 Ross and Greenville Automotive)
Full Transmission and Transfer case service, new filters and fluids (Oct 2019 Arvada Transmission)
A/C blows cold and New Heater
No rips or tears in interior
Weathertec mats
Bluetooth Sony radio

The bad (Depending on when I sell some might be fixed)
Saggy headliner
Easily Sandable rust spots on hood and fenders
The back left quarter panel has a pretty good rust spot that just needs to be filled.
Upper Control arms could stand to be replaced
The passenger side window sometimes does not work.
One of the overhead lights does not work.

Things I dream about for the future:
Roof rack system
Rock Sliders with lower panel body armor
Get Tire Carrier on
Performance Cold Air intake
New fuel injectors
Upper control arms

8500 OBO or Trade and Cash for the mid-2000s 4 runner w/ V8
Michael Thomas
214-794-9911
Located Denver, CO
After Dec 18th Dallas, TX

ThePartyWagon

Your title says rust free but then you list multiple instances of rust in the ad. How about some pictures of said rust?

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
The term Rust-Free when used to describe a vehicle to ME and maybe others here on the Portal means a vehicle that has never had rust at all not a vehicle where previous rust has been removed, repaired and repainted.

Semantics? YES!

Just the way I see it!

GR8ADV

Explorer
Take a look at the first paragraph of the ad then get back to me.
Nice response ( insert giant sarcasm emoji here.). Newly rust free, newly virgin, newly accident free...

All seriousness aside. Why is there rust to repair on a 2000 anyway?

Last edited:

MOguy

Explorer
She is currently at a body shop getting all rust either sanded or cut and filled, then primed and painted. My body shop guy will also be painting the entire top and underside of the hood where there was some hot watermarks from a radiator hose blowing as well as wet sanding and buffing out all surface paint scratches. Needless to say, she is going to be one pretty girl here in a few days. Text me for pictures.
Up for sale is my beloved 2000 XJ, Jenny. I bought her from a buddy in Dallas, TX about a year ago with the intention of turning her into the ultimate adventure car to accompany me in the mountains of Colorado. I have put over $7000 into her already with endless plans for the future, but, sadly, I am moving back to Texas and realizing that on my small college kid budget, I need to find something more reliable, that I can drive cross country reliably. Needless to say, Jenny has a flawless engine, tranny and transfer case and shifts better than most of my friend’s new cars. She has taken me all over the Rockies the past couple months and has performed wonderfully in rock, mud, sand, snow, and pavement. All major work done has been with 4 wheel parts Dallas and All Seasons 4x4, Broomfield, CO. I have all receipts. Now let’s dive into the details.
140k miles (will rise slowly)
3.5in rough country lift
5 33in BF Goodrich KO2s (about ⅔ life left)
Rugged Ridge Steering Assembly w/ lateral stabilization rod. (Oct 2, 2019 w/ All-Season’s)
Full disc brake job (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
Upgraded Aluminum radiator with a dual fan system
All ball joints (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
Smittybuilt XRC Gen2 9.5k winch (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
TerraFlex adjustable front track bar (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
Sway bar disconnects (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
Bilstein 5100 shocks (June 6, 2019 w/ 4WP)
Heavy-duty lower control arms
Two Pro Comp pod lights on the front bumper
SmittyBuilt XRC back bumper w/ tire carrier
Not sure abt Front
Super Bright Amazon DOT approved headlights
Oil and Filter change (Sep 6, 2019 All Season’s)
OEM power steering hose ( Sep 6, 2019 All Season’s)
Front U-Joint (Sep 6, 2019 All Season’s)
Heater Core Replaced ( Nov 21, 2019 Intermountain Muffler)
Auxiliary Fan replaced ( June 2019 Ross and Greenville Automotive)
Full Transmission and Transfer case service, new filters and fluids (Oct 2019 Arvada Transmission)
A/C blows cold and New Heater
No rips or tears in interior
Weathertec mats
Bluetooth Sony radio

The bad (Depending on when I sell some might be fixed)
Saggy headliner
Easily Sandable rust spots on hood and fenders
The back left quarter panel has a pretty good rust spot that just needs to be filled.
Upper Control arms could stand to be replaced
The passenger side window sometimes does not work.

One of the overhead lights does not work.

Things I dream about for the future:
Roof rack system
Rock Sliders with lower panel body armor
Get Tire Carrier on
Performance Cold Air intake
New fuel injectors
Upper control arms

8500 OBO or Trade and Cash for the mid-2000s 4 runner w/ V8
Michael Thomas
214-794-9911
Located Denver, CO
After Dec 18th Dallas, TX

You want far far beyond top dollar for something you are selling as unreliable. You said "I need to find something more reliable". You advertise it as rust free and say. "Easily Sandable rust spots"

You modifications are nothing special and some less than special.
You Jeep is nothing special, it is very typical. I just bought one truly rust free, 33's, same (less than wonderful lift), 4.56 gears, electric lockers, winch, bumpers, lights none of the bad you list other that the saggy headliner headliner for $2800.

You are WAY over priced, probably by about $6000, but I wish you luck.

And the 2000s and 2001 have the crappy head.

This is the 1999 I recently bought for $2800.
dJeep.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles