2000 Ford E350

a_deo_k

Welcome to forum! Your van looks nice. Where in Florida are you?
Glad to be here! The van is turning out way nicer than I could have imagined. I actually built one with a 7.3 first (for sale) but the family didn’t care for the noise/ smell of the diesel. We really like how quiet and smooth the v10 is compared to the powerstroke.

I’m based out of Gainesville. How about you?5F81547C-BAC0-4661-81B0-F21EC4157022.jpeg

Last edited:

eporter

Adventurer
Funny you swapped away from the 7.3. I did the same thing when I sold my ambo and bought a v10 chinook. I appreciate the quieter engine and no cloud of diesel in the driveway, wafting into the house...! Everyone gets hung up on “needing” the 7.3, but I think it’s a pain to live with if you don’t really need it.

Cool van, probably a little more room and comforts than the 55! I’ve had my 60 for 20 years, but now with two small kids I’m realizing we’re going to soon outgrow our GX470 and a van would be real nice pretty soon.

cabnetguy

My truck has a 7.3 idi motor. I looked a long time to find it, but my truck is also a box truck and I wanted the extra grunt of the diesel. I'm fortunate that this motor seems to run pretty clean.

a_deo_k

I'm based out of Pinellas county. I wish that I could be in northern Florida, most of the good stuff is up there.

North central Florida does have its perks, but we love those Gulf Beaches in Pinellas. Funny, I actually bought the van off a used car lot in St Petersburg.

Raul

Adventurer
..... I actually built one with a 7.3 first, ....

That explains a lot. I was impressed with all the right stuff from the get go (Do it right and do it once). Impressive work. Looking forward to see the roof platform as that is on my list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94