SOLD - 2000 Ford E350 EB 7.3L Sportsmobile UJOR 4x4 with CCV Top - in Midland, TX

AllenL

Up for sale is our beast of a van, a 2000 Ford E350 EB 7.3L UJOR 4x4 with CCV high top and custom interior. There are a ton of details on this build, a lot of money has been spent and the vehicle has been completely gone through from the ground up mechanically. Over the last 6 years we’ve been building this van to last another lifetime, but our growing family has outgrown the van platform. This setup was built around a family of 4, not as great for a family of 5.

The van is fully ready to go anywhere. There are a few last items of the build to be finished up but these aren’t major and we’ve been taking multi-day road trips in the vehicle as-is.

See the details below on what work is needed, this is considered with the asking price.
The van is located in Midland, TX. Just down the road from Big Bend National Park.

Current mileage is 268k. Only 8k on NEW 7.3L engine.

Highlights:
  • New 7.3L diesel engine replacement (see details below)
  • Colorado Camper Van Pop Top
  • Goose Gear drawer system
  • 600 Ah lithium Victron system with 3000 watt inverter
  • DC Air Conditioning (can be continuously run off the batteries for 12+ hrs)
  • 320 watts solar, 80 amp alternator charging
  • ARB rear locker, Detroit Truetrac front LSD
  • 12,000 Warn Winch w/ synthetic line and Factor 55 XL hardware
  • Isotherm Drawer 85 INOX Refrigerator / Freezer
  • 4 Sienna captains chairs, rear 2 are UNWIN mounted to L-trac and are easily removable/reconfigurable
  • Espar Diesel air heater
  • Dual diesel tanks (56 gal capacity, consistent 700-800 mile range)

In Progress:
  • Interior is fully functional but not completely finished (see pictures)
  • Water system is not installed, I have all the parts: custom 20 gal water tank, 2.5 gal water heater, sureflo pump, pex tubing, sink, tap, and outdoor shower head all ready to go
  • Awning has a small tear
  • Slight body damage on both rear quarter panels (see pictures)
  • ARB air locker not plumbed, I have all the parts necessary: ARB dual compressor, air tank, fittings, wiring harness

Drivetrain
  • 7.3l v8 turbo diesel, full engine replacement at 260k by Proformance Diesel in Loveland, CO (2020)
    • Engine replacement was proactive not due to any internal issues. We replaced a HPOP and vacuum pump on the side of the road on 2 different trips. After that the decision was made to completely refresh the ancillary engine components. Everything was replaced. This required a ton of labor and to lift the body off the frame so we decided to go ahead and replace the long block while we were at it. The van also received a mild turbo and mild injector upgrade. These upgrades make it perfectly powered for the size of the platform. It loves highway miles and drives GREAT!!! Receipts available for all of this work.
  • 280 amp Mechman alternator
  • AVG 14.5 mpg highway (at 68 mph) / 12mpg city. There is plenty of power and the van easily cruises over 80 mph if you’re in a hurry. Gets 700+ miles to the tank.
  • New Factory Ford transmission (2019)
  • 4.10 gearing
  • Ujoint stage 2 Front axle with Eaton trutrac.
  • ARB Airlocker in Rear Axle
  • Bosch premium rear rotors and reman calipers with Performance Friction pads (around 240k)
  • New Calipers/rotors/pads in the front (around 250k)
  • Glowshift 3in1 EGT, boost and transmission temp gauge
  • Full 4in turboback exhaust Custom
  • Twin 28 gallon Transfer Flow fuel tanks total of 56 gallons

Suspension/Tire/Wheels
  • The U JOINT Offroad conversion was done professionally by Jeff at Built to Last in Durango, CO. It was his third conversion. The van originally had a Quigley conversion.
    6” UJOR lift – no body roll on the highway, its way more stable than you would expect for a vehicle this size
  • Ujoint dual front shock towers w/ Fox Factory remote reservoir shocks.
  • Single Fox Factory remote reservoir shocks in rear.
  • Ujoint custom Atlas springs front and rear.
  • 5 Level 8 Bully Pro 16x8.5 wheels
  • 5 315/75-16 BFG KO2 tires (35's)

Exterior
  • Fiamma awning (2021)
  • Reunel steel front bumper
  • Reunel steel rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and basket.
  • Warn 12k winch w/ synthetic line (replaced in 2018) and Factor 55 XL hardware
  • Custom aluminum rear box
  • Bixenon HID retrofit headlights
  • Baja Design LP6 driving lights on front bumper
  • Hi Lift jack storage integrated into front bumper
  • Baja Design Amber fog lights
  • Baja Design rear bumper backup lights
  • Baja Design overhead mounted work light in rear (mounted into the high top by CCV)
  • Baja Design High rear facing amber lights set on STROBE (use these for storm chasing / foul weather driving and as hazard lights for maximum rear facing visibility)
  • Aluminess Ladder and Surf Bar mounted on drivers side
  • Colorado Camper Van coated the undercarriage for corrosion protection
  • All new body mounts (2020)
Interior Build

The van was built by Sportsmobile new from the factory. The sportsmobile interior was mostly removed due to age, wear and tear and the layout didn’t suit our family. The original house battery, propane system and generator have been replaced with a 600 Ah Victron lithium battery system designed by Peter Kennedy at PKYS (check his company out, one of the best when it comes to these modern lithium offgrid systems), wiring schematic is fully documented and available. Colorado Camper Van high roof electric pop top was installed in 2020. This is fully optioned out with lighting, 4 season insulation, and trac rails on top. The interior has been built with a small sleeping or storage platform in the rear. The electrical is along the passenger wall, including the air conditioning system. The diesel air heater and (eventual) water system was designed to be on the driver side behind the rear wheel well. The design was as open-concept as possible to leave room for gear and living space.

• Rear facing Goose Gear Drawer system
  • Victron Multiplus 3000
  • 3-200Ah Victron Lithium batteries
  • Victron Smart BMS – 80 amp alternator charging
  • 100/30 MPPT Solar charge controller
  • Victron cerbro and Touch50 screen
  • Low charge disconnects built in, low temp charge disconnects built in
    Cruise N Comfort HD12L Air Conditioner – runs off DC power
  • Isotherm Drawer 85 INOX Refrigerator / Freezer (2021)
  • 4 Sienna seats – rear 2 seats on L track and also completely removable with the Unwin system
  • Pioneer 8100 in dash 7in receiver with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and backup cam
    Factory Ford idle controller
  • Switchpros 10 switch unit
  • 18% tint on front windows
  • Espar D2 diesel air heater
  • Thinsulate 400M insulation
  • Ceramic bead full interior spray to reduce heat transmission
  • Fatmat noise isolation matting applied throughout vehicle

Last edited:

AllenL

Photo Mar 19, 9 26 39 AM.jpg
Photo Mar 19, 8 32 27 AM (1).jpg
Photo Mar 19, 8 34 25 AM.jpg
Photo Mar 19, 8 35 44 AM.jpg
Photo Mar 19, 8 35 55 AM.jpg
Photo Mar 19, 8 55 44 AM.jpg
Photo Mar 19, 9 16 45 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Mar 19, 8 26 59 AM.jpg
    Photo Mar 19, 8 26 59 AM.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134

AllenL

Great question, can't believe I forgot to include this. I've added this to the original listing. Current mileage is at 268k.

muddawg310

Awesome build. Will you please send more pictures of under carriage? Any rust? Floor pan pictures from underneath? Was rust under it when Colorado camper did the undercoat? Does transfer case, rear axle have 268,000 miles on it? What year are batteries and the cruise air? Does dash ac work? Better picture of rear quarter panels? I did not see the damage you mentioned. Thank you

AllenL

Awesome build. Will you please send more pictures of under carriage? Any rust? Floor pan pictures from underneath? Was rust under it when Colorado camper did the undercoat? Does transfer case, rear axle have 268,000 miles on it? What year are batteries and the cruise air? Does dash ac work? Better picture of rear quarter panels? I did not see the damage you mentioned. Thank you

I'll add some more detailed pics of the underbody and rear quarter panels. No serious underbody rust was covered with the undercoat it was done as a preventative measure, there was some surface rust on springs and axle tubes but nothing concerning on the floor pan etc. Drivetrain has 268k on it but there were new rear gears installed in 2018-2019 along with the arb. Axles are original as far as I know.

Dash ac works great.

muddawg310

I'll add some more detailed pics of the underbody and rear quarter panels. No serious underbody rust was covered with the undercoat it was done as a preventative measure, there was some surface rust on springs and axle tubes but nothing concerning on the floor pan etc. Drivetrain has 268k on it but there were new rear gears installed in 2018-2019 along with the arb. Axles are original as far as I know.

Dash ac works great.

When was the front axle installed? Ujoint stage 2 is completely rebuilt front axle?

• Ujoint stage 2 Front axle with Eaton trutrac.

AllenL

Sorry it takes a few days to respond with new photos, I've got the van stored indoors full-time but I've got to make time to drive over to its location. The lithium system stays topped up via the Victron MultiPlus charger. I've also got a battery tender on the 2 Oddessy Extreme start batteries keeping them in top shape.

IMG_9086.jpeg

Here are photos of the rear quarter panels.

IMG_9088.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9089.jpeg
    IMG_9089.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 112

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94