2000 Ford 7.3L Motovan build (225's build cont'd)

CaptainBuilt

Love the look of that front end!

Thanks!

Leaving tomorrow for our trip. Have to pack a few things,and touch up a few, but we're ready!

bd2UM27h.jpg

another_mike

Adventurer
There is always a trade off with trying to have a comfortable place to sleep and carry a bike. I just said screw it and went full on bed. I'm going to either get a small enclosed trailer or a hitch hauler, or both.
I did a month in colorado this past summer with my van, 2018 KTM 250 EXCF, and a versahual hitch rack. Next year im definitely doing an enclosed trailer. It was my first long trip in my van with a dirtbike and I simply ran out of room for all the extra stuff. Dirty dirtbike gear, chain and air filter cleaners/lubes extra oil for oil change, the old oil, extra tools, repair stand, extra fuel.... I put around 25 hours on my bike doing only single track. I was dirty every day, which means I took more showers... extra water.... Plus I figure I can take other stuff out of the van, like the tools for the van, put the toilet back there..

Last edited:

CaptainBuilt

I did a month in colorado this past summer with my van, 2018 KTM 250 EXCF, and a versahual hitch rack. Next year im definitely doing an enclosed trailer. It was my first long trip in my van with a dirtbike and I simply ran out of room for all the extra stuff. Dirty dirtbike gear, chain and air filter cleaners/lubes extra oil for oil change, the old oil, extra tools, repair stand, extra fuel.... I put around 25 hours on my bike doing only single track. I was dirty every day, which means I took more showers... extra water.... Plus I figure I can take other stuff out of the van, like the tools for the van, put the toilet back there..

That's why I'm going with a trailer for my bike and bike stuff. It's just easier.

We started out Monday morning in NC. Made to somewhere between Kansas City and St. Louis. Stayed at a Walmart. Second night, we mad it to Badlands NP. Spent the night, and woke up to a amazing view.

lduvHgUh.jpg

bKiLJrGh.jpg

Then we went on to Mount Rushmore NP:

evT6pcfh.jpg

Mru0KiKh.jpg

Somewhere in the middle of Wyoming.

7FsNcIYh.jpg

Made a pitstop in Deadwood.

ttuPTFrh.jpg

We got caught in an ice storm on the way to Devil's Tower. We weren't planning on spending the night there, but we did, We were the only people there.

4IwJjFDh.jpg

Then we made it to Yellowstone. Pictures or words can't describe this place.

0ipa2x0h.jpg

LMvSA2Oh.jpg

e2dGCb8h.jpg

8bcwk5Nh.jpg

iJRVFZJh.jpg

43D0O6Fh.jpg

8SB963Kh.jpg

pZlrfZ8h.jpg

x4hZXYDh.jpg

C0uzLIqh.jpg

Next stop is Grand Tetons, then Rocky Mount NP, then Santa Fe...etc..

luthj

Engineer In Residence
If you think yellowstone is beautiful, wait till the tetons... There is some dispersed camping on the FS road a few miles south of the park that runs parallel to the tetons (east off 191/26 hwy?). Good views at some spots. There is a trail along the powerline road and horse trail with good views of sunset from a pinnacle.

CaptainBuilt

If you think yellowstone is beautiful, wait till the tetons... There is some dispersed camping on the FS road a few miles south of the park that runs parallel to the tetons (east off 191/26 hwy?). Good views at some spots. There is a trail along the powerline road and horse trail with good views of sunset from a pinnacle.

Thanks. I’ll look for them. That’s what we’re looking for is something like that.

CaptainBuilt

I did not see it listed anywhere in your build thread.

Do you know who the manufacturer of the roof cap is?

Got it from a junkyard. No idea.

I think this is it. There are several sites along USFS road 3040.

We found it. Had a big ol moose hanging out.

Betty Sue approves of the Grand Tetons.

AvzfnKgh.jpg

86NzbL9h.jpg

VHGnKzFh.jpg

Camping out next to us:

iJNMb73h.jpg

Stayed at a cool place in Fort Collins. Got to charge the batteries.

9zghhg2h.jpg

Rocky Moutain NP.

8vxE1O6h.jpg

Stopped by Coors in Golden.

WmqLaqhh.jpg

This cool dude was in the parking lot:

h40aSHCh.jpg

Currently just pulled into Breckenridge for a couple ski days! Then Santa Fe, then cannonball run home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles