2000 Ford 7.3L Motovan build (225's build cont'd)

CaptainBuilt

One side completed:

13TGTIUl.jpg

Just need to finish the other side and secure it down.

CaptainBuilt

Ha! Never had one as a street bike, always racebikes for me. I would like to take one down the Dragon though.

That's all I do lol...

Everything permanently in place and trimmed in aluminum. I have 2x4 straps that are used in decking that I may use as center bed supports, but I don't wanna snag anything on them. Especially my bike. I may have to come up with another solution.

4HrbEjTh.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Been thinking about switching to a 12ft box truck. As is, what do y’all think my van is worth?

If it’s not worthwhile, I’ll keep this one.

CaptainBuilt

I went up Max Patch on a 2WD van with no locker. Never got stuck, but some of it was super sketchy. Overall, ol Betty Sue took it like a champ. Can't say the same for the wife lol. I was sideways a lot letter her dig...

After pics:

gUNRxqWh.jpg

yfj6JoLh.jpg

Also installed my MTB fork mount. Can't steal it if you can't see it. I don't understand how people around here leave $10k bikes just hanging out on a unlocked bike rack while their in a brewery for hours. Mine cost $3k and I'm scared it will get stolen. I guess that's the New Orleans in me.

qu8zzpIh.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Here are my Gaia tracks. I started recording once I was at Max Patch. I came in through Harmon's Den. I didn't take hurricane Creek tho. Came out in Del Rio, TN, by Punch Bowl Mountain on the map.

KUSmbmMh.jpg

Raul

Adventurer
I see that you have taped the last side window. Do they leak? After replacing my rear door windows with pop-out ones, I'll say that removing and sealing them with RTV silicone is fairly easy. Before knowing that, I've used flowable silicone and worked great.

CaptainBuilt

I see that you have taped the last side window. Do they leak? After replacing my rear door windows with pop-out ones, I'll say that removing and sealing them with RTV silicone is fairly easy. Before knowing that, I've used flowable silicone and worked great.

That one leaks. I’ve had other ones leak too and all I did was tighten up the nuts that hold the window in place and it fixes it. I just haven’t got around to it yet lol.

I will remove it and put in some silicone when I fix it. Which I’ll be doing soon when I put in the bed next time I’m home.

CaptainBuilt

Ahhhhh..... Time for me and Betty Sue to drive home. Another 12 hour drive. Did it with zero problems.

Still haven't figured out why people are scared of high mileage 7.3's. My van purrs like a kitten going down the road. Never had a breakdown yet in 2 years of ownership.

Fa2eZ5Pl.jpg

Saw this cool rig on the way home:

IFk88hKl.jpg

I stopped at the Walmart in North Georgia and spent the night. This guy was next to me.

sehT0Bcl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles