2000 Ford 7.3L Motovan build (225's build cont'd)

Village Idiot
Deal fell through. Now I have to wait until I move back to WNC in a couple of months before I can start something.

Village Idiot
Window tint and painted the grille.

y2ybumyh.jpg

Village Idiot
I found some F-150 seats at the junkyard for $100. They just need cleaned, but are in perfect shape. I'll make some mounts and I'll have passenger seats!

DSC_0035_zps4af0bcdc.jpg

And I'm out camping as week speak.

DSC_0032_zps617ae4fe.jpg

Village Idiot
I pulled the rubber floor up and it was worse than I though. Lots of rust and a few holes.

Rubber floor out:
DSC_0042_zps10402d0c.jpg

Big hole:
DSC_0043_zps8d0b2e04.jpg

Dirty step when I removed the plastic:
DSC_0044_zps052642f1.jpg

More rust:
DSC_0045_zps5bf43351.jpg

All cleaned up!:
DSC_0047_zps2e37d3c5.jpg

DSC_0048_zpsea995357.jpg

Seats sitting in. Gonna need to make some seat mounts. I might get MGMetalworks to make me some:
DSC_0049_zps53e9388b.jpg

Tomorrow, I am gonna pull the two front seats and do the same thing.

Village Idiot
I'm on the fence about what to do next. 4WD or finish the interior.

I might just try to do both at one time. I found a smoking deal on some axles, but I couldn't get them because I was camping and my van was full of stuff.

And this cruise control thing is driving me nuts.

Village Idiot
I have been thinking about wheels a lot lately. Not sure what kind/size, etc... But since I won't be doing any serious wheeling with my van. Mostly for snow/gravel, and around my camp. I have already decided to go with a 4" lift instead of a 6" lift. And I am thinking I want to the van to look like it came from the factory with 4wd.

So I might go with some wheels like these:

T2eC16RHJGYE9nooh7LsBSpcO5Vhw60_57_zps3b5e96e8.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Check the backspacing, you don't want more than 4.5". The 05/up wheels are usually 5+" of BS.

Village Idiot
Check the backspacing, you don't want more than 4.5". The 05/up wheels are usually 5+" of BS.

Yup. That style is for a 2011 model. Thanks for the heads up.

Getting a front axle later this month btw.

Also gonna start on the roof rack. I have 2 bottles of Argon I need to empty so it will be time to break out the TIG welder.

Last edited:

devo 1

Adventurer
If you want to save some money, go to a salvage yard and pick up a van steering wheel with cruise. You will reuse your airbag. Buy a new ribbon harness from Ford. the one with the cruise control wires in it. Then you need the switch on the brake peddle, you can get that from Ford. It hooks to the two wires fastened to the driver's side inner fender under the hood. Basically plug and play.

Village Idiot
If you want to save some money, go to a salvage yard and pick up a van steering wheel with cruise. You will reuse your airbag. Buy a new ribbon harness from Ford. the one with the cruise control wires in it. Then you need the switch on the brake peddle, you can get that from Ford. It hooks to the two wires fastened to the driver's side inner fender under the hood. Basically plug and play.

Thanks! I'm gonna have to go this route because the kits is no longer available from Ford.

Last edited:

Village Idiot
EDIT:

I talked to the guy at: http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/ford/ Who used to sell the kit to fit my 99 E350 PSD.

He told me Ford no longer sells the steering wheel for the van. And since they don't he can't sell the kit. But what he did tell me is, that I don't even need the brake pressure switch pictured below. See the 2 pin connector for it? Under the coolant tank is a two wire plug that's plugged into a gray dead end plug. Snip the plug off, and tie these two wires together to complete the circuit.

The brake pedal is already wired with the switch for the cruise control. All you need to do is install the 99-00 E350 steering wheel (it has to be a 99-00 steering wheel or it won't work), and correct clock spring.

Just so happens I have a great salvage yard by the house. So next week, I'll go digging for one. And I am ordering a clockspring from a f-250 today from Rockauto.com.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94