2000 Ford 1 ton van?

Sleam

Explorer
Hey there, I've been offered a 2000 Ford one ton passenger van with a high top and 165,000 miles. He says its in great condition with new tires, ball joints, well maintained. $4300 asking. What do you think? What should I look at? Thanks!

dar395

Adventurer
I'd pass the offer, I just starting a build of a bit newer E350 but as always purchased from Government Surplus. On the surplus sites the high tops go quick for the non-profits and churches. butt.......... if you watch the 15 pass windows you'll get a great deal (hey with the dogs and all, they'll enjoy the view).

Some don't think the same as I might but the feds have oil changing and maintenance down patt with a written program. The BS seller tell you is mostly what you want to hear, guy's in the motor pools tell you what they do.

If this van your looking at is gas it's at it's life for traveling, and I only look for gas.

Step back grab a cold one and wait for the surplus god's, they always come through, I'd say top price for a 60k van under 3k. If this is your 1st van you'll love the road=ness of the vehicle and the cabin area as well. I've enjoyed your travels and hope you enjoy many more.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Mines is a government rig. Rubber mats, vinyl seats, crank windows, manual door locks and no cruise control. If you are OK with that like me then fine. Most are not. 4300 or down into the 3's for a raised top one ton sounds like a great vehicle. That vintage is fine.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
If it's not a diesel, it will either be a 5.4L V8 or a 6.8L V10. I lucked out and found a 2000 E350 extended with a high top and a 5.4L with 99k miles for $1,500. It needed a couple things, but nothing major. If you're not in a hurry deals pop up, but you have to be able to jump on a deal fast.

Petrolburner

Explorer
I spent almost double that to get a wheelchair van with a high top and tall rear doors. I haul motorcycles a lot and I wanted the tall doors, windows, a.c. cruise control, power windows and locks. I got it all plus rear heat and air conditioning.

rhinojonson

I have a 2000 E350. I paid way more than that for it, but it already had a 4x4 conversion and a full camper setup as well as being a diesel. I love the van. If it's a diesel, I would jump on it if it's running properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles