2000-2004 Tacoma rust warranty

taco2go

Explorer
As you are probably aware, the warranty coverage is now extended to include 2000- 2004 tacomas. I just had my truck inspected(passed) and treated at the dealer- they did not know the chemical make-up of the stuff that Toyota has them spray onto the frame rails.

Anyone here privy to that information? It has been on overnight now, still has the oily, wet and viscous consistency of axle grease.

004.jpg

006.jpg

njtaco

Explorer
Thanks for posting, I did NOT know the warranty now covered the 2000-2004 trucks.

Time to call the dealer...(shutters with dread)

taco2go

Explorer
I'll try and dig up the letter I got from Toyota- I think it was primarily the rust-belt states....and I live right in the buckle. :eek:

java

Expedition Leader
looks like a truck bed liner kind of stuff, ive seen it used before on a friends toyota from the rust belt. if its the same stuff it dries like a soft rubber

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I got the letter stating that Toyota would perform the treatment, however, went to the dealer and they said they are only authorized to do the inspection, no applications. Stated that in VA Toyota wasn't performing any frame treatments until all the local municipalities had been negotiated with because of the chemicals applied.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I had mine inspected a wile back Joe. The dealership called me last week and wondered if I wanted to bring it in to be treated since a factory rep was going to be there and wanted to check a couple of local Tacomas out.

They must have gotten a little on the exhaust. I get a little scent of something odd on occasion. From my conversation with one of the service writers, he told me they are just replacing frames on the 01-04s in the snow/rustbelt states if they are bad. I just tossed my letter.

I know the card they left in my truck said to use Simple Green if any dripped on your floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94