200 Leveling Options

Eniam17

Adventurer
After many years of Jeep anD Rover vehicles I’m looking forward to hopefully picking up a 2015 LC this weekend - my first one.
I have lot of off-road driving experience, this will be a daily driver and also used for moderate off-roading and accessing remote hunting and fishing areas. The one issue I have is approach angles where I go with pretty much any stock SUV - is there a simple spacer solution to level the front of these out maybe 1.5” or so? I don’t want or need a full lift or suspension modification and I like to keep vehicles as minimally modified as possible to allow me to do what I need to do. Everything Im finding seems to reference the icon or OME full lifts which Id rather not get into.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer

canyonrider

I believe there's an OEM front spacer kit available, check the 200 forum on ih8mud. I don't know that it will get you 1.5", but it should level things out a bit.

As an aside from someone who has a 200 series at stock height- I find the departure angle on the rear more of an issue than the front-end height. I think that this is why you see a lot of people doing a full lift.

Eniam17

Adventurer
Thanks all, that’s very helpful and good to know about the departure angle. Going for a few test drives today and hoping one works out.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
The level of work it takes to put in those front spacers is the same as putting in new struts and springs from Old Man Emu. Their base kits is around 1K, so is Tough Dogs. Both very good options for that price and well worth it in regards to handling, clearance, etc.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ready-to-pull-the-trigger-on-200-suspension-upgrade.1053141/

Fwiw, the top out spacers are quite a bit easier than a complete new struts, for example we (Cruiser Outfitters) can install them on a stock 200 in about an hour both sides, half or less the time of a complete new strut/coil.

However they are only good for about 3/4" of height, perfect for some.

We (Cruiser Outfitters) would love to help out with spacers, complete OME or Dobinson kits, etc. Let us know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles