20" wheels for a Range Rover Supercharged?

Observer
I'd like to be able to take my 2015 Supercharged off road. Tire sizes are limited for 21" and 22" inch rims. Does anyone make a 20" rim that fits over the brake calipers? Thanks!

Jwestpro

Explorer
I'd like to be able to take my 2015 Supercharged off road. Tire sizes are limited for 21" and 22" inch rims. Does anyone make a 20" rim that fits over the brake calipers? Thanks!

Well, have you tried the Land Rover 20" ??? There are not many aftermarket wheels that are both proper Land Rover fit and suitable for off road.

While the brakes may be different from the previous generation, they may still allow the 20" factory wheels. Several years ago you'd still be out of luck but you need to realize that even if there were a tire you think is good off-road and also in 21", it would be problematic in practice.

I had a 2015 RRSC loaner for a week. They're nice and a lot smoother than my 07 version was.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Try sending a PM to Umberto on this forum. He helps run a Range Rover forum and would know anything you need to know.

I know that Cooper Zeon's fit the 20" wheels and look pretty good:
DIG-Sedona01-X2.jpg

spikemd

Explorer
My buddy has a RRS with factory 20 inch rims. He put on BFG ATs, the new ones. They performed great in Moab in September on the White Rim Trail and slick rock of Hells Revenge.

2015_moab19.jpg

Observer
I just confirmed, by installing them, that 20" OEM wheels fit just fine on a 2015 supercharged. I called three different dealership service departments in my area and all said 21" minimum. Amazing.

I dropped the truck off today for modifications. It's getting a six inch lift, 37" tires (have to cut the fenders a little), a winch, skid plate, and brush guards. Jack Auston, from Elite 4x4 Customs in Parker, CO, does these conversions. He's only done one, his, so far and it's incredible. I think he's the only one who makes a lift kit for the 2014+'s? I'll post pictures when it's done.

Derel1cte

Adventurer
I just confirmed, by installing them, that 20" OEM wheels fit just fine on a 2015 supercharged. I called three different dealership service departments in my area and all said 21" minimum. Amazing.

I dropped the truck off today for modifications. It's getting a six inch lift, 37" tires (have to cut the fenders a little), a winch, skid plate, and brush guards. Jack Auston, from Elite 4x4 Customs in Parker, CO, does these conversions. He's only done one, his, so far and it's incredible. I think he's the only one who makes a lift kit for the 2014+'s? I'll post pictures when it's done.

Wow. If you are going to go through all of those modifications, why not adapt some LR3 front brakes so that you can fit 18s? Should have plenty of power to stop it considering the LR3 is 700lbs heavier.

zelatore

Explorer

6" of lift?
37" tires?

I'm going to need details...and pictures. My google-**** has failed me in finding any info about 'elite 4x4 customs' in Parker, CO. The closest I found was some blinged-up Jeep builder in TX.

Last edited:

Observer
Jack just opened up shop in Colorado. He doesn't have a website yet as far as I know. I'll see if I can get pictures of his rig to post.

Send me a PM if you'd like his contact info.

zelatore

Explorer
If he's doing 6" of lift I'm guessing he's also doing all custom control arms, struts (coil overs I'm guessing), axles, CVs, etc. Should be quite interesting. There's no reason you can't do it, but to date I haven't seen anybody spend the time and money to actually sort all that out on a late model Rover. It will be interesting indeed to see how he deals with the suspension and traction control computers aside from the hardware stuff.

Sounds like he's breaking new ground. Can't wait to see progress!

Observer
If he's doing 6" of lift I'm guessing he's also doing all custom control arms, struts (coil overs I'm guessing), axles, CVs, etc. Should be quite interesting. There's no reason you can't do it, but to date I haven't seen anybody spend the time and money to actually sort all that out on a late model Rover. It will be interesting indeed to see how he deals with the suspension and traction control computers aside from the hardware stuff.

Sounds like he's breaking new ground. Can't wait to see progress!

It still has airbags, not coil overs. The height adjustments still work. I've driven his and he seems to have it all worked out. It doesn't drive much different then stock. I'll post picture and more details when I get back from vacation. I'm really excited about this build.

zelatore

Explorer
It still has airbags, not coil overs. The height adjustments still work. I've driven his and he seems to have it all worked out. It doesn't drive much different then stock. I'll post picture and more details when I get back from vacation. I'm really excited about this build.

OK then - I've not worked with the latest RR, only the LR3/LR4/RRS stuff and you're certainly not getting a 6" lift and 37s with those so there must be some drastic differences in the newer platform. I too will be watching with interest.

Observer
OK then - I've not worked with the latest RR, only the LR3/LR4/RRS stuff and you're certainly not getting a 6" lift and 37s with those so there must be some drastic differences in the newer platform. I too will be watching with interest.

This guy has come up with what appears to be a very innovative design. The only downside to 37's is having to trim the fenders but I'm ok with it. If it works on the Sport it should work on the LR4? Aren't they basically on the same platform?

I'll post pictures as soon as I get back to Denver. After putting some miles on and off road I'll let you all know if I think it's a good solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz